Heal is transforming US healthcare with home-centric primary care focused on high quality, high touch doctor house calls that leverage technology to liberate and empower patients. Founded nearly six years ago and recognized as #13 on CNBC’s list of most disruptive companies, Heal recently closed $100MM in funding from Humana. Having completed nearly 250,000 house calls proven to delight patients, improve outcomes and reduce costs, Heal is led by a world-class team of investors (e.g.Humana, Fidelity, Breyer Capital), Board Members (Former Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs, Humana President Susan Diamond) and management unified in the vision to change healthcare for patients of all ages all across America.
We are actively seeking medical assistant scribes who want to join an innovative company that is disrupting the traditional, high friction, office-based care model. The Heal experience brings pediatric, primary, and urgent care to a patient’s doorstep. We empower our MAs to develop deep patient relationships through unhurried visits, comprehensive care, and immersion in the patient’s home environment. We invest heavily in the provider/patient experience while minimizing overhead and paperwork, and through this model, we have achieved some of the highest patient satisfaction scores in the industry.
We are looking for scribes who are eager to partner with physicians and who will play a critical role in driving an excellent patient experience. At Heal, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, including driving physicians to and from visits, transporting medical supplies, charting, taking vitals, drawing blood samples, and interacting with patients and families to ensure they are 100% satisfied with their Heal experience. While you are on the road, you will have access to innovative technology tools to help you maximize efficiency and reduce overhead. You will be supported by a world-class technology team made up of former leaders from Google, Amazon, and Snapchat, as well as a robust operations and dispatch team, to help you get where you need to be.
A day in the life of a Heal medical assistant:
- Your day begins by ensuring your medical kit is fully stocked with all the supplies needed for the day
- You will meet up with your physician partner prior to the first visit and then drive him/her to all visits throughout the day; you will use your own car
- During visits, you will take vitals, draw blood, chart, and facilitate a top-notch patient experience
- Six and twelve-hour shifts are available from 7:30 AM-8:30 PM, 7 days/week
- This is a full-time role with hourly rates and a full benefits package
- Typical patient volume is 12 to 15 patients a day
- You will use an iPad and phone-based messaging services to communicate across your team
- Our robust operations team will ensure you’re supported as you navigate travel, prescription fills, lab follow up, and care management
Skills & Requirements
- Dedicated to providing excellent healthcare and a top-quality patient experience.
- Strong belief in the revolutionary nature of house calls and passionate about improving (or better yet disrupting) care delivery.
- Consistently exhibit the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and compassion.
- Willingness to work in a revolutionary environment that sometimes necessitates last minute problem solving and out of the box thinking.
- Technically savvy and comfortable using tools such as mobile iPads for charting and HIPAA secure messaging apps for care coordination.
- Experience drawing blood from both children and adults.
- Front office medical experience preferred.
- Comfort navigating your local market by car.
- The ability to lift and carry a 25-35 lb medical kit regularly.
- Background check, DMV check, valid state license, and clean driving record required.
- National or state MA certificate required with phlebotomy skills.
- CPT1 is a plus.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Medical and religious exemptions will be granted based upon review of proper documentation. Heal will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All employees who drive during a shift are provided a GPS tracking device called “NOW”. The NOW device allows Heal Doctors to improve the accuracy of reported locations and arrival times, while also expediting the mileage reimbursement process. Please note, the NOW device is the sole method for submitting mileage reimbursement and needs to be used during the entirety of the employee's shift. If not, this will cause delays in mileage reimbursement and possible inaccuracies.
Get Heal (DBA “Heal”) recognizes and values the key to success is the experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Heal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.