Who We Are:
Heal is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We provide tech enabled in-home primary care services for seniors, consisting of house calls, telemedicine and remote patient monitoring (RPM). We currently operate in New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Illinois, and Washington, with future plans for national expansion.
Since being founded in 2014, Heal has delivered over 250,000 house calls. We are proud to mention our very wide range of notable investors, including: Paul Jacobs, Humana, Jeb Bush, Breyer Capital, IRA Capital, Trans-Pacific Technology Fund, Lionel Richie, and more.
We are looking for a board-certified internal or family medicine physician to provide clinical leadership as our Sr. Medical Director - Southeast Region. This role will help contribute to a world-class care delivery model consisting of house calls and virtual care that has already been proven to improve outcomes and reduce costs, while achieving high patient satisfaction. The ideal candidate should have familiarity with value-based care and should be excited about developing our unique model of care while being driven to make a significant impact on patient outcomes. The Sr. Medical Director will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer and will partner with the Market Operations Director to execute on Heal’s mission to achieve superior healthcare outcomes by providing technology-enabled primary care in the home.
- Partner with Market Operations Director to achieve operational and clinical excellence and world class performance in quality, patient satisfaction, and clinician satisfaction, while reducing hospital admissions, and overall medical cost.
- Provide primary care and see patients alongside clinical colleagues.
- Assist in recruiting clinical staff in the southeast market, including interviewing and making hiring decisions on physicians, mid-levels, and MAs.
- Support onboarding and provide mentorship to new clinicians in a market.
- Provide performance management of clinical staff, including reviewing performance data with staff, providing feedback, and contributing to decisions on raises/bonuses.
- Support local care coordination to close care gaps and optimize outcomes.
- Be an ambassador for and represent Heal with local payers, as well as at medical conferences and with the media as needed.
- Contribute ideas to improvement of our clinical and patient-facing software, including active participation in meetings with our product and engineering teams
- Work to develop clinical support tools to ensure effective knowledge sharing of evidence based best practices.
- Partner with operational and product colleagues to implement operational enhancements that improve the patient and clinician experience.
- MD or DO degree
- Hold or eligible for Medical and DEA license in one or more of these states: Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina
- Completion of residency and board certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Experience in primary care necessary, with value based care preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google G Suite, EHRs preferred
- 3 years of clinical experience preferred
- MBA, MPH and/or MMM degree is a plus
- Board certification in geriatrics is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Medical and religious exemptions will be granted based upon review of proper documentation. Heal will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All employees who drive during a shift are provided a GPS tracking device called “NOW”. The NOW device allows Heal Doctors to improve the accuracy of reported locations and arrival times, while also expediting the mileage reimbursement process. Please note, the NOW device is the sole method for submitting mileage reimbursement and needs to be used during the entirety of the employee's shift. If not, this will cause delays in mileage reimbursement and possible inaccuracies.
Get Heal (DBA “Heal”) recognizes and values the key to success is the experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Heal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.