WHO WE ARE
The tech team fuels our vision to make healthcare frictionless and accessible to all through the power of telemedicine. We build and manage the systems that are paving the way towards this new future. Working cross-functionally with other departments, doctors and patients, we are able to create and implement tech that has a real impact on the lives of millions. (Did you know that an estimated 27 million lost their health insurance and jobs due to COVID-19?) Our team consists of engineers, product, qa, data analysts and product designers. We believe that tech has the power to reshape the way people receive and provide healthcare.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The engineering team is looking for a talented Senior Android Engineer to join us! As an Android Engineer at Heal, you will be overhauling all of our platforms in which Android currently operates on, developing new applications for Heal’s Mobile software platform, working in Kotlin and Java.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Delivery across the entire app life cycle – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Work directly with engineers, testers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Continuous integration.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related experience.
- 5+ years of practical work experience with Android programming.
- 3+ years of mobile user interface design and native development skills.
- Released at least one app to the Google Play store.
- Strong familiarity with reactive programming, particularly RxJava.
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON.
- Familiarity with design patterns (GoF), Android Architecture Components, Clean Architecture principles.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Understanding in ADA compliance.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Remote position can be considered
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Four free Heal visits for you and family per year
- Parental leave for four weeks
- HSA plans and company paid Short Term Disability
- 401k plan
The current healthcare system is broken, full of friction, not accessible to the masses and treats patients as another number. At Heal, we understand that healthcare is personal, that’s why we put patients front and center.
We are the undisputed market leader in doctor house calls, using technology to make experiences easy, efficient, trustworthy, and highly personal. We aim to create meaningful relationships between doctors and patients so people can worry less about the process and instead focus on their health.
In under 6 years, Heal has raised over $160m million in investment capital, delivered over 100,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. Heal was named the 13th most disruptive private company in the U.S by the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50 as we recently rolled out affordable flat rate Healthcare.
Join us toward creating the future of healthcare and helping millions across the nation