The Heal product platform is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We are the undisputed market leader in doctor house calls, using technology to make delivery smart, efficient and highly personal. We obsess about every detail to ensure that we continue to extend our paradigm-shifting lead to deliver convenience, choice and transformative care to each and every one of our patients.
Make your work matter. Your unique contributions and technical ideas can make a rewarding impact on millions of lives in modernizing the healthcare industry.
In under four years, Heal has raised over $70 million in investment capital, delivered over 100,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. We are proud to mention our very wide range of notable investors, including: Paul Jacobs, Jeb Bush, Breyer Capital, IRA Capital, Trans-Pacific Technology Fund, Lionel Richie, and more. Additionally, we have won numerous distinguished awards, including: the Web Marketing Association 2018 MobileWebAward for Best Health Care Mobile Application, Top 50 in Digital Health, Most Tech-Friendly Provider, Fierce Innovation Awards - Healthcare 2017, Global Healthcare Magazine: Top 10 Healthcare CEOs, Top 40 Healthcare Transformers of 2018, Disruptor Daily's Top 25 Influencers Shaping the Future of Healthcare, 10 CEOs transforming healthcare in America', CES Innovation Awards, and more. Heal has over 100 major corporate clients and is covered as an in-network benefit with Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, CareFirst, Cigna, Health Net, Medicare, and United Healthcare. Heal house calls are available across California, Atlanta, Georgia, and Northern Virginia/D.C.
We are changing lives all around the nation.
The Accounting Manager position is responsible for processing Payroll, overseeing Time & Attendance, overseeing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, posting general ledger entries, assisting with monthly close and audit support, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, and other special accounting and finance related projects as needed. We are looking for a self-starter that can identify and implement process improvements.
- Manage the payroll process
- Accurately audit and track Paid Time Off accruals and Sick Time allocation, and create JE's with this info.
- Responsible for entering various general ledger journal entries, such as month end and payroll entries
- Assist with monthly close and audit support
- Responsible for the company Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Prepare weekly cash requirement report
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports
- Prepare invoices for clients
- Responsible for bank and credit card reconciliations
- Answer accounting and payroll related questions by researching and interpreting data as well as by preparing reports
- In the near to medium term, will also be heavily involved in migration of HRIS and ERP systems.
- Communicate with co-workers, management and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Adhere to all company and legal regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting procedure
- Experience with general ledger functions and month end close
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Ethical conduct
- Highly organized and responsive
- Strong sense of urgency
- Communication proficiency
- Prior experience with payroll required
- Prior experience with accounting/ERP systems required
- Five years of related experience required
- Prior experience in a startup and/or health care environment preferred, but not required
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, but not required
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) preferred, but not required
This role operates in a professional startup office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. This role will perform the majority of the essential job duties in a seated position.
- No travel is expected for this position.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.