WHO WE ARE
The tech team fuels our vision to make healthcare frictionless and accessible to all through the power of telemedicine. We build and manage the systems that are paving the way towards this new future. Working cross-functionally with other departments, doctors and patients, we are able to create and implement tech that has a real impact on the lives of millions. (Did you know that an estimated 27 million lost their health insurance and jobs due to COVID-19?) Our team consists of engineers, product, qa, data analysts and product designers. We believe that tech has the power to reshape the way people receive and provide healthcare.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The engineering team is looking for a phenomenal machine learning software engineer with experience in machine learning, backend engineering, and data engineering. You will work in a close knit team and be involved in contributing to a variety of machine learning and optimization projects that drive Heal’s core autonomous routing/dispatch and predictive health systems. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of projects, deliver production level optimization and machine learning systems, and contribute to the development of Heal’s IP portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have experience in machine learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Sklearn), building and deploying predictive models end to end, building backend systems (APIs, microservices) and building ETL pipelines.
To succeed, you will need to be driven by our mission to offer patients transformative medical care through our software platform.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Prototype predictive models for application across all Heal verticals (logistics, billing, patient health)
- Productionize machine learning systems and build infrastructure to automate monitoring and retraining of machine learning models
- Contribute to Python backend microservices for autonomous routing and dispatch, doctor and medical assistant pairing, and remote patient monitoring.
- Building ETL pipelines in Airflow
- Perform code reviews to ensure high code quality
- Report to current Head of AI/ML
- BS/BA degree in technical field such as computer science, mathematics, statistics or equivalent years of experience
- 1+ years of experience working in machine learning and software engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Masters degree and/or PhD in computer science or related field
- A solid theoretical foundation in machine learning/deep learning with a publication record in applied and/or theoretical machine learning.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, OOP, and computer science fundamentals.
- Experience working with at least one of popular SQL/NoSQL data storage like Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDb etc.
- A good understanding of data structures to provide analytical problem solving.
- Possess exceptional communication skills both in written and in verbal form
- Possess outstanding technological skills and demonstrated computer skills.
- Be result oriented, be highly organized and responsive, be highly analytical and procedural, be a creative and strategic thinker, and will have an ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Be a likable and relatable person who is able to make meaningful and lasting connections with others.
- Have people skills that will inspire trust and confidence in others who will then readily follow in his insights and directives.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Remote position can be considered
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Four free Heal visits for you and family per year
- Parental leave for four weeks
- HSA plans and company paid Short Term Disability
- 401k plan
The current healthcare system is broken, full of friction, not accessible to the masses and treats patients as another number. At Heal, we understand that healthcare is personal, that’s why we put patients front and center.
We are the undisputed market leader in doctor house calls, using technology to make experiences easy, efficient, trustworthy, and highly personal. We aim to create meaningful relationships between doctors and patients so people can worry less about the process and instead focus on their health.
In under 6 years, Heal has raised over $160m million in investment capital, delivered over 100,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. Heal was named the 13th most disruptive private company in the U.S by the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50 as we recently rolled out affordable flatrate Healthcare.
Join us toward creating the future of healthcare and helping millions across the nation