Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Heal is transforming US healthcare with home-centric primary care focused on high quality, high touch doctor house calls that leverage technology to liberate and empower patients. Founded nearly six years ago and recognized as #13 on CNBC’s list of most disruptive companies, Heal recently closed $100MM in funding from Humana. Having completed nearly 250,000 house calls proven to delight patients, improve outcomes and reduce costs, Heal is led by a world-class team of investors (e.g. Humana, Fidelity, Breyer Capital), Board Members (Former Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs, Humana President Susan Diamond) and management unified in the vision to change healthcare for patients of all ages all across America.
As an QAE at Heal, you will be the customer's voice during the development process and completely own the quality bar for every aspect of the product. You'll be reviewing the early requirements and UX pages, designing the testing methodologies and the test plans, and creating automated tests. You will have the opportunity to work with UX, Product, and Engineering Teams to create enjoyable, effortless experiences for our users.
What you’ll do:
- Create test plans, test cases and review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to develop and execute test plans and test cases across all functional areas of our products ensuring the best customer experience.
- Test code manually and with automated tools using black box and white box testing techniques.
- Investigate and reproduce bugs and drive fixes through test and production stages through resolution.
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Mentor other QA engineers and developers to promote quality at every step.
Skills you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years testing experience on Mobile and Web application platforms
- Experience with automation tools such as Cypress, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, XCUITest, Espresso or other UI frameworks
- Experience with many common software development related tools such as Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Nomad, AWS, and common Un*x CLI tools
- Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies
- Experience driving integration and E2E testing
- Strong written & verbal communication and organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
- We are a start up - Able to handle an extremely fast pace while maintaining the highest quality standards