Manager, Strategic Partnerships (Payer Relations)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Heal is transforming US healthcare with home-centric primary care focused on high quality, high touch doctor house calls that leverage technology to liberate and empower patients. Founded nearly six years ago and recognized as #13 on CNBC’s list of most disruptive companies, Heal recently closed $100MM in funding from Humana. Having completed nearly 250,000 house calls proven to delight patients, improve outcomes and reduce costs, Heal is led by a world-class team of investors (e.g. Humana, Fidelity, Breyer Capital), Board Members (Former Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs, Humana President Susan Diamond) and management unified in the vision to change healthcare for patients of all ages all across America.
As a core member of the Heal Growth Team, you will work closely with upper management and the CEO, and directly responsible for making Heal more accessible for millions of patients around the country.
This role is the single handed owner for multi-million dollar partnerships with major insurance partners. You will be singularly responsible for all aspects of that partnership’s success, including:
- Engaging the client frequently and proactively to grow relationships and create new opportunities
- Understanding exact client expectations, creating a detailed end-to-end plan to deliver on those expectations, and then communicating and training on that plan throughout Team Heal
- Define key product changes and needs and work with Product/Engineering to get those changes made
- Understand client reporting expectations, produce all reports and proactively share with clients in a timely manner
- Personally handle all aspects of client-related growth and marketing initiatives from talking to patients to running key executive meetings
- Work with Heal doctors and providers to help them understand the specific nuances of the client and to deliver on those nuances
- Establish HCC and HEDIS quality benchmarks for the client alongside Heal Medical Directors and measure against those benchmarks to drive improvements
- You are extremely detailed, self-organized, and driven to make healthcare easier.
- Proven track record being the owner of successful accounts and managed deals; you are not given lists to execute, you make the list to execute.
- Cross functional expert who will understand the company from all perspectives (from legal to clinical to engineering); you thrive in details and crawl into the cracks where success truly lies.
- You have a passion for problem solving and comfort with ambiguity.
- You are an expert story teller who translates complex problems into concise, actionable solutions; you also create the deck, the model, and everything in between that supports your decisions.
What We Need
- Master/expert proficiency in spreadsheets, presentations, and project management.
- Superlative verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in growth, consulting, payer relations, business planning, and/or account management preferred.
- Health-tech background a bonus but not a prerequisite. Top of Form