Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Heal is transforming US healthcare with home-centric primary care focused on high quality, high touch doctor house calls that leverage technology to liberate and empower patients. Founded nearly six years ago and recognized as #13 on CNBC’s list of most disruptive companies, Heal recently closed $100MM in funding from Humana. Having completed nearly 250,000 house calls proven to delight patients, improve outcomes and reduce costs, Heal is led by a world-class team of investors (Humana, Fidelity, Breyer Capital), Board Members (Former Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs, Humana President Susan Diamond) and management unified in the vision to change healthcare for patients of all ages all across America.
This individual will be a crucial member of our finance team reporting directly to our CFO with visibility to the broader executive team. We are looking for a highly analytical problem-solver, who is capable of both detailed financial analysis and distilling complex problems into actionable insights. As the first member of our FP&A team, you will drive our budget and operating model, and will be tasked with ensuring that each department is working towards a common goal. The ideal candidate will have exceptional financial competence, strong business acumen, robust organizational skills, knowledge of financial analysis tools and techniques, a proactive and intellectually curious mindset, and exceptional communication abilities. The candidate must be able to balance the demands of a rapidly growing, complex startup environment in a disruptive space. This candidate must be self-sufficient and confident in their ability to steer the company in delivering on its long term business goals.
- You believe in the mission of Heal and how its model can disrupt the brick and mortar provision of Healthcare
- Possess excellent Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- Must have outstanding modeling skills and project management experience
- Someone who has demonstrated prowess in full cycle financial and strategic planning, including core competencies in budgeting and reporting, financial modeling and analysis
- Excellent analytical, modeling and communication skills, in-depth experience with financial statement analysis and a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that will enable interaction with a diverse set of constituents across various functions and levels of the organization
- A good listener with outstanding influencing qualities, and a natural, effective consultative style
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-changing environments and are able to take a multitude of inputs to create accurate forecast models
- Self-starter who is hard working, analytical and intellectually curious who is not afraid to lead projects independently
- Highly organized and detail-oriented individual who has the ability to multitask; an independent / flexible problem solver who can cope positively with ambiguity while maintaining strong attention to detail and speed
- You have 2-4 years experience working in Healthcare
- You’ve worked in investment banking or public accounting
- Experience using SQL or other database management systems to analyze large data sets
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another technical field
- Proficiency in Power BI
What We Need
- Build, deploy, maintain multiple financial models for allocations, budgets, and long-range plans
- Consolidate metrics and KPIs and explain variances to targets for Sr. Leadership
- Prepare monthly reporting packages for the CFO and other executive stakeholders
- Create ad-hoc scenario models
- Help senior management devise a financial strategy that supports the company's annual and long-term financial targets, including developing operating assumptions, establishing financial models and forecasts to achieve targets.
- Ensure ongoing timeliness, integrity and accuracy of annual budget and ongoing interim forecasts.
- Establish budget and forecasting reporting tools for executive team and functional leaders to provide improved visibility and accuracy of business projections.
- Gain insights on key economic trends, industry and other external factors which need to be factored into the financial modeling.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Partner with Market Managers to build forecasts, understand priorities, construct financial budgets, track functional spend, and develop KPIs
- Create presentations and reports to inform senior leadership on the financial performance of their teams and provide guidance on near-term and long-term opportunities and risks
- Serve as Finance’s strategic partner and assist functional leaders with analysis on spend, strategic planning activities, and enhancing operational efficiency
- Develop, standardize and automate FP&A reports, metrics, and dashboards for monthly/quarterly management reporting
- Work collaboratively across various company functions (i.e. Accounting, Operations, Development, Corporate Finance, etc.) to align on group performance, monthly results, forecasts and risks & opportunities.
- Leverage available and newly developed systems data to create management reporting for assigned business lines and/or enterprise.
- Build upon existing monthly financial reporting by incorporating operational data sets to enhance the enterprise performance management
- Learn how to use data to demonstrate the story of the Company and ultimately predict potential outcomes to be provided to operational management
- Assist in incorporating enhanced performance reporting in all levels of monthly reporting at facility, regional and enterprise levels
- Analyze data to enhance financial understanding of business operations and accuracy of projections
- Development of business intelligence presentations for disbursing data to management in a visual format
- Lead compilation, consolidation rollup, and analysis of annual budgets and forecasts