Location: Los Angeles, CA / Atlanta, GA / Long Island City, NY
Who We Are:
Heal is fixing the broken $4 trillion US healthcare industry with uniquely effective home-centric primary care. Our award-winning doctor house calls and telemedicine solutions have already served 200,000 patients and we're the chosen partner of more than 20 insurance companies and scores of large corporations alike. Our patient satisfaction Net Promoter Score is +82, a mark we achieve by using technology to remove all the friction, waste and bureaucracy in traditional healthcare models, liberating doctors to be doctors and patients to get timely, quality healthcare in the privacy of their own homes. We are engineers and doctors who innovate technologies to deliver superlative healthcare to patients of all ages. Having grown nearly 400x in the last year, we have raised over $100MM in investment capital, over 200,000 house calls, $88MM healthcare cost savings and are working to rapidly scale to a position of profitable, sustained market leadership. Learn more
The Director of Logistics will report to the Chief Executive officer and soon the Chief Operating Officer and work closely with Medical Directors, Market Directors, the Director of Clinical Operations, and the Chief Medical Officer. The Director of Logistics will plan and execute all aspects of supply and demand management to ensure on-time high quality healthcare services are delivered without any excess supply to achieve patient satisfaction and operating margin targets. The Director of Logistics has both the planning, analytical and metrics skills necessary to run a rapidly growing national operation with the human and interpersonal skills required to manage highly trained, highly compensated service delivery assets - namely healthcare providers. In this role, you will specifically manage the delivery of 500 to 2,500 doctor house calls and or telemedicine consultations per day - delivered by 50+ providers working each day across 12 US markets and three time zones.
- You have built, grown and led high performance services delivery operations at a national scale.
- You have hired, built and led a team of 5 to 15 operations professionals with a hands-on approach to driving a high performance team.
- You excel at financial planning, KPIs, metrics and ensuring “just right” supply for dynamic and growing demand-driven operations.
- You have run profitable “tight ship” operations that achieved the ideal balance between customer satisfaction, supplier retention and operating margins.
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-changing environments and are able to take a multitude of inputs to create accurate forecast models.
- You have superlative persuasive communication skills to translate plans into action involving highly educated service providers.
- You manage immediate and long term trends and objectives - never sacrificing one for the other.
- You are an innovator who can apply out-of-the-box thinking to solve logistical problems and think strategically about automation.
- You are driven by perfection - not “good enough” but “just perfect” is your goal.
- You manage end-to-end logistical operations including inbound/outbound calls on routing and scheduling matters
- Direct operations of logistics support activities including tracking staff utilization, training, etc.
- Lead process and workflow design to improve provider utilization and scheduling/onboarding, call/chat response rates and times, and inventory management
- Surface data, process and tech issues through proactive monitoring of operations
- Identify trends and provide strategic insight, lead continuous improvement, and drive automation across any/all Heal teams.
- Collaborate closely with other Heal teams, including Heal Leadership, in order to identify and execute cross-functional projects necessary for current/future Heal growth.
- Improve the overall patient and partner experience (both patients and medical teams) through personnel training such as customer service training, sales training, phones training, etc.
- You have a background in healthcare services
- You have a strong education background in STEM with graduate level education is preferred
What We Need:
- Exceptional organizational and task management skills, keeping oneself and other stakeholders organized especially in a rapidly expanding company
- Support logistical functions across the country including coordinating onboarding of providers in new markets and ensuring 7am eastern - 8:30pm pacific operations coverage
- Must be able to find inefficiencies and create process to improve
- Experience with healthcare, start-up operations, or consulting. Including staffing models and determining operational KPIs and SOPs
- Structured, data-driven problem solver with a strong understanding of how to simplify complexity and optimize solutions that meet stakeholder needs using data and metrics
- Goal oriented and passionate about creating successful outcomes to support our mission of improving access to quality healthcare
- Proven track record in project management in fast-paced environments involving multiple projects
- Excellent ability to parallelize tasks and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google G-Suite (Docs, Sheets and Slides)
- Experience with reporting platforms, such as Tableau or Metabase ideal