Location: Los Angeles, CA / New York, New York / Atlanta, Georgia
About Get Heal, Inc.
The Heal product platform is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We are the undisputed market leader in omni-modal technologies to make smart, efficient and highly personal medical care delivered. We obsess about every detail to ensure that we continue to extend our paradigm-shifting lead to deliver convenience, choice and transformative care to each and every one of our patients.
In under four years, Heal has raised over $100 million in investment capital, delivered over 200,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. We are proud to mention our very wide range of notable investors, including: Humana, Paul Jacobs, Jeb Bush, Breyer Capital, IRA Capital, Trans-Pacific Technology Fund, Lionel Richie, and more. Additionally, we have won numerous distinguished awards, including: the Web Marketing Association 2018 MobileWebAward for Best Health Care Mobile Application, Top 50 in Digital Health, Most Tech-Friendly Provider, Fierce Innovation Awards - Healthcare 2017, Global Healthcare Magazine: Top 10 Healthcare CEOs, Top 40 Healthcare Transformers of 2018, Disruptor Daily's Top 25 Influencers Shaping the Future of Healthcare, 10 CEOs transforming healthcare in America', CES Innovation Awards, and more. Heal has over 100 major corporate clients and is covered as an in-network benefit with Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, CareFirst, Cigna, Health Net, Medicare, and United Healthcare. Heal house calls are available across California, Atlanta, Georgia, and Northern Virginia/D.C.
We are changing lives all around the nation. Great people working towards our mission allows for this progress, which is where you come in.
Make your work matter. Your unique contributions and technical ideas can make a rewarding impact on millions of lives in modernizing the healthcare industry. Bring your enthusiasm and dedication to Heal, and be part of creating a transformative legacy.
Heal has built a world-class software team to help modernize the healthcare technology industry. The engineering team is looking for a phenomenal director of engineering whose strong passion is to impact real change for real people. You will work on a close-knit team and assist with delivering moderate to high complex features from technical design through to completion. The ideal candidate will be adept in different development languages, technology stacks, and integrating with third-party services. You will need to demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills, while possessing a desire to work in an energizing environment with a team that focuses on technical excellence. To succeed, you will need to be driven by our mission to offer patients transformative medical care through our software platform.
Key role responsibilities:
- Lead and manage key activities in the development departments inclusive of reliability engineering and process automation in support of daily site/software development projects.
- Oversee all activities of the staff, builds reliability-engineering capabilities, manages the departmental operating budget, and supports any budget development for site/software investment projects.
- Report to current SVP of Engineering.
- Mentor to key development personnel, assisting in the execution of duties upon request, and readying these key personnel for the occupation of this position.
What you’ll do:
- Focus the management of technical integrations and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and maintain site/software engineering standards and policies.
- Play a highly collaborative role between the senior engineering leadership and the supporting engineers in defining long-term organizational site/software strategies and roadmaps.
- Provide support and leadership to development departments, facilitating continuous evolution in both the frontend and backend development teams.
- Hands-on approach - lead by example. Contribute to high level design, feature development, code reviews which drive specific company charters.
- Grow and mentor your team.
Skills and accomplishments you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- A master’s degree (Phd preferred) in Computer Science or any other relevant field
- 10 years of working experience in a senior development engineering department, preferably as a Head of Engineering, Senior Frontend Developer, or Lead Backend Developer.
- A good understanding of distributed systems in practice, as well as performance and scalability.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, OOP, and computer science fundamentals.
- Experience working with at least one of popular SQL/NoSQL data storage like Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDb etc.
- A good understanding of data structures to provide analytical problem solving.
- Knowledge in Agile/Kanban/lean software development, Jira, Git, testing and maintaining production code.
- Possess exceptional communication skills both in written and in verbal form
- Possess outstanding technological skills and demonstrated computer skills.
- Be result oriented, be highly organized and responsive, be highly analytical and procedural, be a creative and strategic thinker, and he will have an ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Be a likable and relatable person who is able to make meaningful and lasting connections with others.
- Have people skills that will inspire trust and confidence in others who will then readily follow in his insights and directives.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Remote position can be considered
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Four free Heal visits for you and family per year
- Parental leave for four weeks
- HSA plans and company paid Short Term Disability
- 401k plan