We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The financial controller must deliver precise information under strict deadlines. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that can identify and implement process improvements.
- Responsible for the financial accounting and business operations of the Company and the related Medical Corporations
- Oversee the daily accounting activities to ensure accuracy and internal controls are adequate and consistently applied
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities; ensures timely reporting.
- Monitors and analyzes department workflow to develop and implement more efficient procedures that improve the use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Supports the preparation of the annual audits and collaborates with outside auditing firm to ensure the process is completed timely and accurately
- Manage accounts receivable
- Process payroll
- Assists management in analyzing financial performance against key business goals and documents areas that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Forecasts and controls cash cycle
- Achieves accounting operational objectives to ensure optimal profitability
- Assists in the management of clerical staff to ensure departmental and organizational goals are achieved, providing training to new and existing staff as needed
- Ensures accounting is done accordingly to GAAP standards
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting procedures
- Extensive experience with general ledger functions and month end close
- Extensive experience in working with external auditors
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Ethical conduct
- Highly organized and responsive
- Strong sense of urgency
- Communication proficiency
- Proven working experience as a financial controller
- Prior experience with accounting/ERP systems required
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Seven plus years of related experience required
- Prior experience in a startup and/or health care environment preferred
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, but not required
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) preferred, but not required
This role operates in a professional startup office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. This role will perform the majority of the essential job duties in a seated position.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- Full-Time position
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Get Heal, Inc.
The Heal product platform is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We are the undisputed market leader in doctor house calls, using technology to make delivery smart, efficient and highly personal. We obsess about every detail to ensure that we continue to extend our paradigm-shifting lead to deliver convenience, choice and transformative care to each and every one of our patients.
In under four years, Heal has raised over $70 million in investment capital, delivered over 100,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. We are proud to mention our very wide range of notable investors, including: Paul Jacobs, Jeb Bush, Breyer Capital, IRA Capital, Trans-Pacific Technology Fund, Lionel Richie, and more. Additionally, we have won numerous distinguished awards, including: the Web Marketing Association 2018 MobileWebAward for Best Health Care Mobile Application, Top 50 in Digital Health, Most Tech-Friendly Provider, Fierce Innovation Awards - Healthcare 2017, Global Healthcare Magazine: Top 10 Healthcare CEOs, Top 40 Healthcare Transformers of 2018, Disruptor Daily's Top 25 Influencers Shaping the Future of Healthcare, 10 CEOs transforming healthcare in America', CES Innovation Awards, and more. Heal has over 100 major corporate clients and is covered as an in-network benefit with Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, CareFirst, Cigna, Health Net, Medicare, and United Healthcare. Heal house calls are available across California, Atlanta, Georgia, Brooklyn, New York ,and Northern Virginia/D.C.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for processing Payroll, overseeing Time & Attendance, overseeing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, posting general ledger entries, assisting with monthly close and audit support, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, and other special accounting and finance related projects as needed. We are looking for a self-starter that can identify and implement process improvements.