Make your work matter. Your unique contributions and technical ideas can make a rewarding impact on millions of lives in modernizing the healthcare industry. Bring your enthusiasm and dedication to Heal, and be part of creating a transformative legacy.
Heal is building a world-class software team to help modernize the healthcare technology industry. The engineering team is looking for a phenomenal software engineer whose strong passion is to impact real change for real people. You will work on a close-knit team, delivering moderate to high complex features from technical design through to completion. The ideal candidate will be adept in different development languages, technology stacks, and integrating with third-party services. You will need to demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills, while possessing a desire to work in an energizing environment with a team that focuses on technical excellence. To succeed, you will need to be self-motivated, driven to meet milestones, and be dedicated to quality. If you want to be a part of this amazing team, this position is for you.
Key role responsibilities:
- Contribute to core backend services to deliver delightful end user experiences.
- Maintain and support data pipelines, ETL for analytics.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain microservices, using the right tool for the job.
- Ensure high quality code through unit tests and peer code reviews..
- Collaborate with Product/QA team to define new features and timelines. Use data driven approach to analyze usage/success of feature released.
- Help with existing tech-debt (every team has it).
- Languages used on on daily basis:
- Java, SQL, Python, Typescript, Go
- Tools you will be using on a daily basis:
- intellij, vscode, git, jira, bitbucket, docker, kibana (elk stack), jenkins, nomad, consul, vault, kafka, airflow, metabase
- You will check in code on your first day :)
Skills and accomplishments you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Self-motivated and feeling of ownership, engineers who want to impact real change for real people.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science(or similar field) or equivalent practical experience. 6+ years of industry experience.
- Strong working experience with most or all languages and tools listed above
- Experience with spring boot 2 and popular python libraries is a plus
- A good understanding of distributed systems in practice, as well as performance and scalability.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, OOP, and computer science fundamentals.
- Experience working with at least one of popular SQL/NoSQL data storage like Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDb etc.
- A good understanding of data structures to provide analytical problem solving.
- Experience working with Unit testing frameworks like JUnit, TestNG etc.
- Knowledge in Agile/Kanban/lean software development, Jira, Git, testing and maintaining production code.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Weekly team lunch
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Four free Heal visits for you and family per year
- Parental leave for four weeks
- FSA plans and company paid Short Term Disability
- 401k plan
About Get Heal, Inc.
The Heal product platform is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We are the undisputed market leader in doctor house calls, using technology to make delivery smart, efficient and highly personal. We obsess about every detail to ensure that we continue to extend our paradigm-shifting lead to deliver convenience, choice and transformative care to each and every one of our patients.
In under four years, Heal has raised over $70 million in investment capital, delivered over 100,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. We are proud to mention our very wide range of notable investors, including: Paul Jacobs, Jeb Bush, Breyer Capital, IRA Capital, Trans-Pacific Technology Fund, Lionel Richie, and more. Additionally, we have won numerous distinguished awards, including: the Web Marketing Association 2018 MobileWebAward for Best Health Care Mobile Application, Top 50 in Digital Health, Most Tech-Friendly Provider, Fierce Innovation Awards - Healthcare 2017, Global Healthcare Magazine: Top 10 Healthcare CEOs, Top 40 Healthcare Transformers of 2018, Disruptor Daily's Top 25 Influencers Shaping the Future of Healthcare, 10 CEOs transforming healthcare in America', CES Innovation Awards, and more. Heal has over 100 major corporate clients and is covered as an in-network benefit with Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, CareFirst, Cigna, Health Net, Medicare, and United Healthcare. Heal house calls are available across California, Atlanta, Georgia, and Northern Virginia/D.C.
We are changing lives all around the nation. Great people working towards our mission allows for this progress, which is where you come in.