The Heal product platform is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We are the undisputed market leader in doctor house calls, using technology to make delivery smart, efficient and highly personal. We obsess about every detail to ensure that we continue to extend our paradigm-shifting lead to deliver convenience, choice and transformative care to each and every one of our patients.
Make your work matter. Your unique contributions and technical ideas can make a rewarding impact on millions of lives in modernizing the healthcare industry.
In under four years, Heal has raised over $70 million in investment capital, delivered over 100,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. We are proud to mention our very wide range of notable investors, including: Paul Jacobs, Jeb Bush, Breyer Capital, IRA Capital, Trans-Pacific Technology Fund, Lionel Richie, and more. Additionally, we have won numerous distinguished awards, including: the Web Marketing Association 2018 MobileWebAward for Best Health Care Mobile Application, Top 50 in Digital Health, Most Tech-Friendly Provider, Fierce Innovation Awards - Healthcare 2017, Global Healthcare Magazine: Top 10 Healthcare CEOs, Top 40 Healthcare Transformers of 2018, Disruptor Daily's Top 25 Influencers Shaping the Future of Healthcare, 10 CEOs transforming healthcare in America', CES Innovation Awards, and more. Heal has over 100 major corporate clients and is covered as an in-network benefit with Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, CareFirst, Cigna, Health Net, Medicare, and United Healthcare. Heal house calls are available across California, Atlanta, Georgia, and Northern Virginia/D.C.
We are changing lives all around the nation. Great people working towards our mission allows for this progress, which is where you come in.
The Heal product platform is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We obsess about every detail to ensure that we continue to extend our paradigm-shifting lead to deliver convenience, choice and transformative care to each and every one of our patients.
We are looking for an insanely detail-oriented and hard working individual with healthtech experience to manage Heal’s medical-related tools across mobile (iOS and responsive web) and desktop (Web), as well as their backend and critical third-party EMR and billing integrations. We expect you to own the product development cycle, from idea and data, to prototyping and design, to requirements gathering and ticketing, APIs and integration, to user-testing and release.
The Heal Clinical platform has two sets of complementary users: Clinical teams (our medical teams) and Operations (our logistics, patient support and billing systems). These users work together to deliver care to our patients, so these systems must be fluid, robust, scalable, and reliable. We treat these users with as much love as we do our core users, our patients, because a world class experience in our internal tools means that our clinical and internal operational teams can deliver the best possible care.
We therefore pride ourselves in spearheading a paradigm-shift in provider user experience design: we apply the same principles found in the world’s best consumer-grade apps to our internal and clinical provider tools. We are looking for a person who shares these values and will relish the opportunity to rigorously ensure that Heal’s tools are the industry-defining antithesis to legacy and incumbent ‘ugly and broken’ approaches to healthcare software.
- You have experience in a medical technology environment, ideally a healthtech startup, developing apps and web-based tools for clinical staff and their workflows.
- Possess a fundamental understanding that the Heal Clinical tools are used directly before, during and after the delivery of patient care and are therefore mission-critical.
- Heal’s medical tools shouldn’t require manuals to operate - and you are not fond of writing them.
- Deeply passionate about designing a user experience for our clinical and operations teams that is fundamentally paradoxical: functionally complex, yet delightful.
- Expected to remain in full sync with your product counterpart in Heal’s Consumer platform, to ensure that every change on the back-end or internal tools is supported by the front-end, and vice versa.
- Apply a systematic yet pragmatic approach to gathering requirements from clinical and operational stakeholders, with a resource-driven analytical approach to determining what to prioritize and when to compromise - without leaving one user group’s roadmap feeling less loved than the other.
- Solid track record in an agile startup environment where you have been responsible for turning verbal ideas or data-driven analysis rapidly into formal requirements, through wireframing and prototyping and ticket creation, through to user acceptance testing and post-release QA, roadmap management and data analysis, to ensure absolute quality in the end-to-end product.
- Proven to consistently deliver a clean and polished user experience, whether through your keen sense of knowing how to turn an idea into physical reality, or your analytical approach to data and usage patterns to inform product development strategy.
- Technically minded, yet creatively aware. You must be willing and able to quickly absorb very complex business logic, clinical logic, impacted heavily by externally governed industry regulations, health insurance and billing systems APIs, HIPAA, EMR (Electronic Medical Records) integrations, ever-changing partners’ business rules, and a multi-layered internal tech stack.
- Not afraid to adapt to a very fast-paced environment and supporting an existing business model, while testing and micro-pivoting to new ones.
- Able to work closely with a disparate - yet unified by a common mission - set of user groups and stakeholders; and willing to balance competing priorities, from clinical, to operations, to business development.
- Technically comfortable with contributing to and confidently participating in critical systems architecture conversations with our Engineering group, since decision-making in this arena - whether around security, scalability, API availability, reporting, integrations, or infrastructure - affects the performance and user experience in our internal operational tools.
- Background in healthcare is a must (you won’t need to learn the ‘ins and outs’ of health insurance or regulations on UX through trial and error).
What we need:
- Prepared to be involved in the full range of the product management cycle, from strategizing around product roadmap and presenting to stakeholders, to rolling up your sleeves and writing tickets and mocking up wireframes. We are too young a company for a PowerPoint strategist, and too mature for a ticket jockey.
- We are an agile environment, so we expect you to move quickly, demonstrating poise while holding together many threads across stakeholders, including clinical teams, operations teams, engineering, design and QA, to owning the end-to-end delivery of a world-class user experience.
- An expert communicator, who can translate complex requirements into simple direction, while frequently communicating status to each team in an equally concise and precise manner.
- The fundamentals: seasoned experience with an array of ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA), prototyping software (e.g. Sketch), and data analytics tools (e.g. Metabase)
- Knowledge of clinical, health insurance and systems, medical records technology and APIs is necessary since you will be expected to apply your experience to solve similar challenges at Heal.