Location: Sandy Springs, GA
Heal is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We are the undisputed market leader in doctor house calls, using technology to make delivery smart, efficient and highly personal. We obsess about every detail to ensure that we continue to extend our paradigm-shifting lead to deliver convenience, choice and transformative care to each and every one of our patients.
Make your work matter. Your unique contribution can make a rewarding impact on millions of lives by modernizing the healthcare industry.
In under four years, Heal has raised over $70 million in investment capital, delivered over 100,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. We are proud to mention our very wide range of notable investors, including: Paul Jacobs, Jeb Bush, Breyer Capital, IRA Capital, Trans-Pacific Technology Fund, Lionel Richie, and more. Additionally, we have won numerous distinguished awards, including: the Web Marketing Association 2018 MobileWebAward for Best Health Care Mobile Application, Top 50 in Digital Health, Most Tech-Friendly Provider, Fierce Innovation Awards - Healthcare 2017, Global Healthcare Magazine: Top 10 Healthcare CEOs, Top 40 Healthcare Transformers of 2018, Disruptor Daily's Top 25 Influencers Shaping the Future of Healthcare, 10 CEOs transforming healthcare in America', CES Innovation Awards, and more. Heal has over 100 major corporate clients and is covered as an in-network benefit with Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, CareFirst, Cigna, Health Net, Medicare, and United Healthcare. Heal house calls are available across California, Atlanta, Georgia, and Northern Virginia/D.C.
We are changing lives all around the nation. To support our patients in the Atlanta market, we are looking for an outstanding individual with Social Work or Medical Social Work background to coordinate patient care.
- Adapt background in Social Work or Medical Social Work to Heal’s patient care coordination
- Based in our office in Sandy Springs, with travel to patients, medical teams and partner sites in the greater Atlanta area as necessary
- Reporting directly to Heal’s Chief Medical Officer in Los Angeles
- Excited by the opportunity to set a standard in value-based health that helps lower ER usage, reduce readmissions, decrease ever-rising healthcare costs, and improve social determinants of health.
- Interfacing between Chief Medical Officer and our on-the-ground Atlanta Clinical, Patient Support, Operations, and Payer Relations teams, as well as Case Managers at our key partners
- Coordinate care with Case Managers at Heal Doctors patients’ health plans to ensure timely access to care
- Key involvement in building an industry-leading care coordination process, pairing doctor house calls with high-performing networks of care and community-based medical and social resources
- Design practices and processes, incorporating Heal technology, to ensure proactive, regular follow-up with chronic disease patients
- Collaborate across internal stakeholders to define processes
- Responsible for assessing current operations practices and developing and implementing sound practices and processes that will support Heal Doctor’s medical teams in the field
- Coordinate with Clinical and Operations teams in Atlanta and markets surrounding our headquarters to ensure standardized application of processes
- Triage referred patients to determine if Heal is the appropriate level of care
- Developing and coordinating patient case management, while maintaining accurate notes and records
- Maintains quality service to patient and family caregivers by establishing and enforcing standards
- Evaluates outcomes of care with clinical leadership by measuring intervention effectiveness with the team and implementing team recommendations
- Proactively research and maintain a database of social support resources.
- Participate in Heal’s clinical outreach, patient engagement and coordination of care via phone, email and in-person visits.
- 5+ years min. experience in a medical social work, care coordination or similar role, plus nursing or medical assisting background
- Experience working with diverse patient populations, in particular chronic disease and/or Medicare patients
- Ability to travel across the greater Atlanta area
- Ability to manage a diverse range of personalities across patients and medical professionals
- Experience working in a hospital, home health setting or case management environment
- Strong knowledge of navigating insurance to determine coverage
- Experience communicating with doctors and other clinicians
- Experience communicating with Health Plans
- Strong collaboration, leadership, communication, and counseling skills
- Experience with developing and implementing process improvements in a healthcare setting
- Experience navigating local medical and social support systems
- Stays up-to-date with healthcare industry and quality care trends
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Greater Atlanta area