The Heal product platform is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We are the undisputed market leader in doctor house calls, using technology to make delivery smart, efficient and highly personal. We obsess about every detail to ensure that we continue to extend our paradigm-shifting lead to deliver convenience, choice and transformative care to each and every one of our patients.
Make your work matter. Your unique contributions and technical ideas can make a rewarding impact on millions of lives in modernizing the healthcare industry.
In under four years, Heal has raised over $70 million in investment capital, delivered over 100,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. We are proud to mention our very wide range of notable investors, including: Paul Jacobs, Jeb Bush, Breyer Capital, IRA Capital, Trans-Pacific Technology Fund, Lionel Richie, and more. Additionally, we have won numerous distinguished awards, including: the Web Marketing Association 2018 MobileWebAward for Best Health Care Mobile Application, Top 50 in Digital Health, Most Tech-Friendly Provider, Fierce Innovation Awards - Healthcare 2017, Global Healthcare Magazine: Top 10 Healthcare CEOs, Top 40 Healthcare Transformers of 2018, Disruptor Daily's Top 25 Influencers Shaping the Future of Healthcare, 10 CEOs transforming healthcare in America', CES Innovation Awards, and more. Heal has over 100 major corporate clients and is covered as an in-network benefit with Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, CareFirst, Cigna, Health Net, Medicare, and United Healthcare. Heal house calls are available across California, Atlanta, Georgia, and Northern Virginia/D.C.
We are changing lives all around the nation. Great people working towards our mission allows for this progress, which is where you come in!
We are looking for a wicked smart, passionate, hard working and hands-on individual to manage Heal’s consumer apps across mobile (iOS, Android and responsive Web) and desktop (Web), from idea and data, to prototyping and design, to requirements gathering and ticketing, to user-testing and release.
The definition of a Heal user is different to the one you’re used to. We don’t have users, we have patients. We are responsible for their lives. They trust us to take care of their family’s health. In turn, Heal’s consumer products have a resolute, non-negotiable responsibility to deliver upon the same level of trust patients have established with our doctors.
We believe that each Heal patient is our one and only patient, and are looking for a product manager who will relish the opportunity to apply this obsessive philosophy to designing and delivering a world-class, industry defining personalized experience.
- Already possess a keen understanding that the Heal consumer experience inherently hands off from digital (consumer apps) to physical (the house call conducted by our doctors), and then handed back to the digital experience (for follow-ups). And that this transition from software to humanity needs to happen seamlessly, from the moment the user registers, through to booking the house call and the follow-ups experience - as a well a keen appreciation of the importance of the integrated and supporting information/communication triggers (via email, SMS and push notifications) required throughout the experience.
- Equally passionate about the attention to detail in every press/click and emotional takeaways in the user experience, as you are about data-driven product development methodology and sound documentation.
- Expected to remain in full sync with your product counterpart in Heal’s Operations platform, to ensure that every change on the front-end is supported by the back-end, and vice versa.
- Apply a systematic yet pragmatic approach to achieving feature parity across Heal’s consumer apps on different platforms, with a resource-driven analytical approach to determining what to prioritize and when to compromise.
- Solid track record in an agile startup environment, where you have been responsible for turning verbal ideas or data analysis rapidly into formal requirements, through wireframing and prototyping and ticket creation, through to user acceptance testing and post-release QA and usage analysis, to ensure absolute quality in the end-to-end output.
- Proven to consistently deliver a clean and polished user experience, whether through your keen sense of knowing how to turn an idea into physical reality, or your analytical approach to data and usage patterns to inform product development strategy.
- Possess the rare trait of both being creative and technically minded.
- Background in healthcare is a bonus (you won’t need to learn ‘ins and outs’ of health insurance or regulations on UX through trial and error) but not a prerequisite (you haven’t been brainwashed in the incumbent approaches to delivering a digital healthcare experience).
What we need:
- Prepared to be involved in the full range of the product management cycle, from strategizing around product roadmap and presenting to stakeholders, to rolling up your sleeves and writing tickets and mocking up wireframes. We are too young a company for a PowerPoint strategist, and too mature for a ticket jockey.
- We are an agile environment, so we expect you to move quickly, demonstrating poise while holding together many threads across stakeholders, including marketing, business development, engineering, design and QA, to owning the end-to-end delivery of a world-class user experience.
- An expert communicator, who can translate complex requirements into simple direction, while frequently communicating status to each team in an equally concise and precise manner.
- The fundamentals: seasoned experience with an array of ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA), prototyping software (e.g. Sketch), and data analytics tools (e.g. Metabase).