Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled national network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it possible for patients to find quality care they can afford and enabling mental healthcare providers to grow their practice.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 500,000+ appointments a month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, Spark Capital, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
In this highly impactful role, you will collaborate closely with our core product teams to help deliver strategic initiatives, set product and design vision, and deliver thoughtful design solutions around our provider and patient experiences. Through this work, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of Headway and play a pivotal role in building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access.
- Use your product thinking, visual design, and system steward skills to collaborate with a talented and mission driven XFN team to evolve our product vision and build product solutions.
- Contribute and evolve Headway design system (Helix) as we scale the provider experiences.
- Contribute to the team culture, process, foundation and help grow a world class startup design team.
You will be a great fit if:
- You have experience in leading and delivering product solutions of large and/or ambiguous scope, usually at a more system level.
- You’re inspired by complex customer problems, early stage product development, setting vision, and helping teams hold a high bar for craft.
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of projects.
- You have experience with working across XFN partners, with the ability to present, motivate and inspire others.
- You are motivated by our mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability).
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role:
- The starting salary for Senior Product Designers is $195,500 and increases to $230,000 based on industry tenure and experience.
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.