Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About the Data Engineering Team
Headway is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us get closer to executing our mission: to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States. Data plays a critical role in Headway’s mission by empowering business decisions and operations at scale. The Data Engineering team builds the platform on which we process financial data and make business decisions. The data engineering team is partnered with most of the teams across Headway including the finance team, insurance systems team, data analytics, product and data science teams.
As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will be collaborating with others in designing, building and implementing data pipelines that serve the core product and various stakeholders. You will be partnering with the Data Science, Data Analytics and Core Infrastructure functions closely, and together help shape the data landscape for Headway.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate on the design and improvements of the data infrastructure
- Partner with product and engineering to advocate best practices and build supporting systems and infrastructure for the various data needs
- Create data pipelines that stitch together various data sources in order to produce valuable business insights
- Create real-time data pipelines in collaboration with the Data Science team
You will love this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in a data engineering role building products, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Good foundations in Python, Java or Scala (Python being the one we use most)
- Experience with Spark, PySpark, DBT, SQL, and Airflow
- Knowledge of visualization tools, such as Metabase, Jupyter Notebooks (Python)
- A knack for simplifying data, expressing information in charts and tables
- Empathy: you are eager to see the world from your users’ perspectives
- Energy: you're attracted to ambiguity & are a self-starter. You love to drive the direction of ambiguous projects
- Motivation: our mission excites you. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability)
Our Interview Process
After you apply to Headway, here are some details of what to expect during the interview process.
- Initial screen: You’ll connect with someone in recruiting so you can learn more about the team, Headway’s mission and exciting growth, and we can get a better idea of your background.
- First round: You'll meet with a member of our data engineering team for a data systems interview.
- Final rounds: You’ll meet several more team members for technical and non-technical interviews and leave with a fuller picture of what it’s like to work at Headway.
- References and the Offer: Our favorite part of the process! We'll send over all of the details, including specifics on employee equity, and congratulatory messages from excited future team members!
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role:
- The starting salary for Senior Data Engineers is $163,500 and increases to $195,500 based on industry tenure and experience.
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.