Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company powering 500k+ appointments per month with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About The Role
As Headway works to build a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access, we’re facing unique operational challenges and opportunities that come with growing and scaling at an unparalleled rate. We’re pushing the boundaries of the existing healthcare system so that we can fulfill our promise to providers, patients, and payers to create access to high quality providers across the nation. In order to do that, we’re building a world class operations team that enables efficiency, growth, and quality, and as a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to have a material impact on the trajectory of Headway and help define a function core to the livelihood of our business and the impact we deliver for our partners and clients.
As an Associate, Strategy & Operations, you will play an integral role in helping us lay the groundwork of Operations at Headway. You’ll own and operate various workflows that support our primary clients. You’ll be tasked with disambiguating complex problems, designing and implementing creative, data-driven solutions, and maintaining the systems that support Headway’s day-to-day operations and allow us to offer care to those who need it. As part of your fulfillment of these tasks, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product, and data to build the processes and products that allow Headway to succeed as a business, and you’ll collaborate with various teams across Headway on the implementation and iteration of scalable systems, including our payer, cx, and growth teams.
What you’ll do at Headway
- Design and build foundations for a variety of 0-1 initiatives within the Operations function.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build, execute, monitor, and implement scalable products and processes that enable us to deliver on core business challenges.
- Assess and analyze data to develop and determine strategies for accelerating progress, proactively identify areas for improvement, and deliver on roadmap priorities and team OKRs.
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- 2-3+ years of experience in operations / consulting / investment banking or related experience; operations experience at a high-growth startup is a plus.
- You have experience managing and driving projects forward independently. You’re process driven, extremely detail oriented and highly organized.
- You’re highly adaptable. You can quickly change direction to execute different functions and responsibilities with ease.
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to distill complex problems into simple solutions.
- You are highly data-driven. Can drive complex analyses and translate into key actionable insights, projects and OKRs.
- You are a collaborator. Proactively partners across teams while holding teams accountable for business results.
- You are a systems thinker. Inclined to solve problems with product and automation.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A: $105,000
- Group B: $94,500
- Group C: $84,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.