Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
Headway’s finance function is growing fast, and we’re hiring our first Strategic Finance Lead! Reporting to our Head of Strategic Finance, you will partner with cross-functional teams to track performance, identify areas of opportunity, and support key strategic decisions. As an advisor to business leaders across the company, you will be instrumental in utilizing data to drive initiatives for growth and improvement as we continue to rapidly scale.
- Work closely with the business teams to track operating KPIs and support key strategic decision-making
- Conduct detailed analysis into data trends and work with cross-functional partners to address any implications to their strategies and the company-wide model
- Lead the development of dashboards and presentations to track and convey progress on specific initiatives
- Support development of business team operating models and help drive ongoing budgeting/forecasting
You’d be a great fit if:
- You have 5+ years of strategic finance (FP&A) experience, ideally in a mix of professional services (consulting, banking, investing) and high-growth startup finance
- You are motivated by the opportunity to make an impact on one of our generation’s defining problems – making quality mental healthcare both accessible and affordable
- You’re excited to work cross functionally with the business teams to develop a greater understanding of function-specific efficiency metrics and help course-correct where necessary
- You have experience with SQL and data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau
- You have exceptional analytical skills with the ability to drill down into the weeds while maintaining a strategic lens
- You’re energized by joining an early-stage startup and making immediate impact in a high-growth environment
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.