Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
We’re looking for a passionate product manager to shape the future of the patient experience here at Headway.
The patient experience is at the crux of our mission here at Headway to increase affordable access. As the product lead at the helm of the patient charter, you will be responsible for not only setting the vision and strategy to ensure patients are quickly connected to the right quality provider for them but also defining how we move beyond the initial match to be a partner for patients throughout their mental health journey. If you aspire to build innovative product experiences in uncharted territory to help patients get and engage with quality mental healthcare, this is the role for you.
What you’ll do at Headway:
- Craft delightful, data-driven product experiences to ensure our patients get high-quality care quickly
- Develop a vision and strategy for how we engage and support patients throughout their mental health journey
- Work closely with design, engineering, data, and other cross-functional partners to learn quickly and ship quickly
- Deeply understand and embody the voice of our patients
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- 0 -> 1 consumer experience: You have 5+ years of experience building net new consumer products
- Thrive in ambiguity: You love tackling ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment with an optimistic and energizing attitude
- Empathetic: You possess deep user empathy, have strong intuition on how they think, and love delighting them
- Experimental: You’re innately curious and eager to quickly test and learn how users will respond to new experiences
- Appreciate quality: You have an exceptionally high bar for building incredible experiences
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.