Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. That’s why Headway is building the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 200,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the VP of People as our first HR Business Partner, you will develop Headway's talent strategy and advise on all things People: performance management, talent development, leadership coaching, employee relations, and organizational design. You’ll use both qualitative and quantitative data to identify trends to inform innovative program build, ensuring employees are engaged and growing. In your work, you will uphold our values and amplify the success of our business and products through our most important asset: our people.
You’d be a great fit if:
- You have 6+ years of experience in HR, including deep knowledge of employee relations, performance management, organization design and leadership coaching
- You are skilled at building trusting relationships with business stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- You take pride in your ability to navigate and resolve challenging employment situations
- You take time to collect data and understand business needs to ensure you’re delivering high impact results to the teams you support
- You take a principled approach to everything you do, acting with integrity, consistency and fairness at all times
- You have a knack for creating safe and welcoming environments for employees to share concerns and feedback
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.