Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. That’s why Headway is building the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 200,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact.
Are you a licensed mental health counselor in Texas looking to grow or launch a private practice, or simply take on a few new clients?
At Headway, we're currently supporting over 12,000 mental health counselors and clinicians across the United States in our mission to rewire the mental healthcare system for access and affordability by equipping mental health professionals with the tools and resources they need to run their practices.
Whether you're new to private practice or have an established practice of your own, we’re excited to work with you to reach your goals and build a stronger behavioral healthcare system together in the process!
By joining the Headway community, we’ll help you:
Build and run your practice:
- Grow your caseload through Headway by taking on as many or as few referrals as you’d like! We’ll match you with clients based on your clinical preferences.
- Maintain a flexible schedule by deciding how many clients you see through Headway, so that you can set the hours that fit your personal and professional schedules.
- Accept insurance hassle-free -- we’ll credential you with the nation’s largest networks and handle all the billing and admin paperwork involved.
- Use Headway’s EHR software to manage your practice, but if using your own works better, that’s fine too!
- Receive consistent, guaranteed payment every two weeks -- we also offer no show protection!
Support your clients:
- Our team is also dedicated to helping your clients navigate their care through Headway.
- We provide live, customized support to clinicians and clients in order to streamline the process of both seeking and providing care.
- Additionally, we verify client insurance benefits instantly and automatically, so that access to care is never delayed, and you can see your clients with confidence.
And we do this all for free! Headways is a free and flexible service, so you can use Headway full-time or part-time, and see clients in-person or remotely via telehealth while working from home.
Ready to get started?
To join Headway’s growing community, you are:
- A fully licensed mental health counselor in Texas
- Eligible licenses include: licensed professional counselor, LPC, licensed clinical social worker, LCSW, licensed marriage & family therapist, LMFT, licensed mental health counselor, LMHC, TX mental health therapist
We also require that providers have an NPI number and malpractice insurance -- but we can help you get those if you don’t have them!
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.