Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance. 

1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice. 

Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.

We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.

As a Sales Manager at Headway, you’ll be instrumental in expanding our therapist network across the US. You will manage, train and coach a group of 5-10 high-output Provider Growth Associates that work on a high velocity full sales cycle. Through hands-on mentorship and training you drive team efficiency while supporting the building  of a scalable sales organization. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, mission-aligned sales leader to join a rapidly scaling team and make an immediate impact. 

You will love this role if:

• You have 2+ years of experience managing and developing a high-performing sales development team, backed by 5+ overall years in a sales function: you’re a natural, relationship-obsessed leader who can empower your direct reports to meet and exceed quota
  • You enjoy taking a hands-on approach to personal development and coaching: you’ll be expected to provide tailored, direct, and earnest feedback to your team in order to develop the skills of your reports
  • You’re adaptable, dynamic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
  • You have exceptional time management skills: you know how to balance time managing the team with your own priorities
  • You know how to best use metrics and data as a way to assess the sales performance of your team and identify improvement opportunities
  • You know how to hire a great team: you’ll be an instrumental decision maker in the hiring of our Provider Growth Associates

Compensation and Benefits:

• Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
    • Group A: $130,000
    • Group B: $117,000
    • Group C: $104,000
    • Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
      • Group A = NYC, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
      • Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
      • Group C = All remaining cities
    • Other compensation includes: Commission. Commission payments are monthly.
  • Benefits offered include:
    • Equity Compensation
    • Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
    • HSA / FSA
    • Work-from-Home Stipend
    • Therapy Reimbursement
    • 16-week parental leave for eligible employees
    • Carrot Fertility annual reimbursement and membership
    • 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
    • Flexible PTO
    • Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
    • Training and professional development

We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.

Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact talent@findheadway.com

Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Headway Custom Demographic Questions

We believe that to build the best startup team, we must build a diverse, equitable and inclusive team. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to all roles, and we proactively work to design hiring processes that mitigates bias. To help us track the parity in our candidate pipelines and efficacy of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. 

While completion of this survey is required, you will have the option to select “I don't wish to answer” for all questions. Your responses will be used (in aggregate only) to help us identify areas of improvement in our process.

Your responses will not be linked to your specific application and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision. 

I identify my gender as (Select one) *

I identify as transgender (Select one) *

I identify my sexual orientation as (Select one) *

I identify my ethnicity as *

Veteran status (Select one) *

Disability status (Select one) *

Please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.