We are seeking seasoned software engineering professionals to join our team to build the first software defined end-to-end, automated fulfillment system. Be a leader as the materials handling industry transforms from mechanical to robotic and software-defined. This is a rare opportunity to get in early and help as we hone our final designs and create our first prototype.
HDS offers consumers a single online store to shop for fresh foods and general merchandise from the world's leading retail brands. In HDS fulfillment centers, multi-retailer orders are assembled as one lot, packaged in reusable totes and delivered via HDS vans to customers' homes at their convenience.
Our centers integrate intelligent vision, mobile robots and articulated robots in a way that dramatically advances supply chain capabilities while significantly reducing labor and fulfillment costs.
- Act as a technical lead for complex backend services
- Work closely with Architects to address complex software/system architecture issues
- Bridge the gap between high-level architecture and the detailed solutions design input needed to deliver product
- Work closely with product management on understanding requirements and translating into technical solutions
- Jump in and solve complex technical problems and design issues
- Drive adoption of advanced cloud-based features and capabilities where it makes sense
- Providing mentoring and guidance through code reviews, design reviews, best practices
- Drive CI/CD capabilities to achieve continuous deployment
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience developing using Agile methodologies
- Experience working on large-scale, complex applications
- Experience with SaaS and cloud environments (Azure, GCP)
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures, distributed systems, high-availability systems
- Expert-level knowledge of ORM using any of the following databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Cassandra, PostgreSQL
- Experience with REST API development
- Excellent teamwork and communication
- Ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries
- Ability to challenge the norm and maturity to advocate for changes for the greater benefit of the business
- Proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale
Why work here? The big stuff
- Rocket ship: Get one of the early seats on a rocket ship and receive special stock grants.
- Autonomy, mastery, purpose: We provide a clear mission so that you can self-direct your work, provide exceptional challenges to hone your skills, and provide an opportunity to transform the supply chain function into a huge competitive advantage.
- Well-funded: HDS is well funded and can offer above market compensation, depending on desire for equity.
And the usual stuff is carefully planned too
- Top tier perks: 100% paid for benefits, including medical, dental and vision, plus a host of other benefits.
- Empowered: We will provide you the most advanced equipment and administrative services to support your productivity and remove hassles for you.
Let’s start a conversation
If you are interested in hearing more, simply submit your information below, or email Norm at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. There’s no "resume black hole” here — we respond to every inquiry, as quickly and thoughtfully as humanly possible.