HCSS, a 14-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land is searching for a Software Development Intern to work during the school semester and summer break. This is a PAID internship where you will gain in-depth skills in our tech stack that will take you further to success. You will make an impact by contributing to our product teams in order to deliver high-quality software applications to our customers.
Here’s what we’re looking for one of our openings:
- You’re currently enrolled in an accredited college/university and able to commute to our office during your internship. You are able to work from home in Fall 2021 with approval from your manager.
- A huge plus if you can work at least two semesters (depending on your performance).
- You will most likely be moved forward if you have experience with C# and/or PowerShell. Another plus if you know SQL and REST APIs.
- You’re cooperative and like to lend a helping hand to others. We have a collaborative culture here at HCSS where teamwork makes the dreamwork!
- You’re detail-oriented, a problem solver, and a logical thinker.
What will you be doing?
- You will be on one of our product development teams working alongside 4-7 other full-time employees helping to design and solve unique development problems that are faced by our customers.
- Creating test cases, unit testing, and using automation tools to help enhance and improve our HCSS software.
- Getting exposure to both standard software stacks (ex. .NET using MVC, iOS, Android and others) as well as in software that was custom architected to meet specific HCSS needs.
- Pair programming, participating in bug bashes, hunting down requirements for loosely defined stories, and self-learning over new technologies.
- Work with our technical support team and quality control specialists, troubleshoot customer problems and write test cases.
“Nice to Haves”:
- Exposure to Microsoft Visual Studio (.NET or later versions)
- Experience with source control tools (i.e git or TFS)
- Exposure to agile development and processes
Here’s what to expect:
- During the Fall/Spring semester, you can work up to 25 hours a week. We’ll work around your school schedule. During the Summer Break, you can work up to 40 hours a week.
- Training and mentoring will be provided and you’ll receive feedback on your performance regularly. You’ll have numerous opportunities to continuously grow your knowledge base.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time offer upon graduation and be eligible for ALL of our amazing perks, including profit sharing, continuous learning funds, a wellness fund, and more!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.
Though our on campus culture is one of our favorite things about working at HCSS, for the safety of our employees and their families we are currently operating under an optional work from home policy. We will continue allowing our employees to choose whether to work from home or on-site until we fully return to the office next year.