Title: Software Architect
Location: Indianapolis, IN
hc1 is seeking an innovative Application Architect with a high-aptitude for product definition and collaboration. With increasing business demands, we are looking for a solution visionary that is passionate about defining and roadmapping high-tech solutions with scalability in mind, and that enjoys rolling up their sleeves to construct their vision. This is a tremendously crucial addition to our team, offering a high ceiling as we work to construct life-changing healthcare solutions using AWS.
How we will make an impact:
hc1 is focused on improving lives with high-value care. Our unique machine learning algorithms transform laboratory data into personalized healthcare insights. As an AWS Partner Network organization, our cloud-based software organizes live data (including lab results, genomics, and medications) to deliver solutions that ensure the right patient gets the right test and the right prescription.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and development of hc1's products
- Design and implement new features and components based on business requirements
- Develop high-level product specifications and technical designs
- Conduct code reviews, documentation of design, and implementation of Agile methodologies to ensure high quality software
- Lead projects with minimal supervision
- Produce working proof of concepts to jump-start development
- Investigate and evaluate new and emerging technologies
- Troubleshoot and fix software application problems
- Participate in hc1’s software process quality efforts
- Mentor other engineers
Your Skills & Experiences:
- 5+ years experience with software design and development experience (Java preferred)
- At least 1 year developing on AWS
- Experience architecting and delivering scalable products, considering deliverables such as technology compatibility, security, costs, etc.
- Experience in designing and developing modern distributed applications
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and debugging Restful Web services and micro-services
- Experience designing cloud-based systems
Our Technical Environment (NOT necessarily required, but for your information):
- hc1 platform
- Java (Spring & SpringBoot)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- AWS Glue
What’s in it for you:
- Unlimited PTO, remote friendly and flexible hours
- 401k Matching
- Career planning, mentorships and professional development
- Stock Options
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Wellness Programs
Join our Talent Community:
Get a glimpse into our culture and perks by visiting hc1.com/careers and follow us on Instagram (@hc1dotcom) to get a day in the life at hc1.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment:
hc1 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.