Who we are:
Founded to improve lives with high-value care, hc1 has emerged as the bioinformatics leader in precision testing and prescribing. The cloud-based hc1 Platform organizes live data, including lab results, genomics, and medications, to deliver solutions that ensure the right patient gets the right test and the right prescription.
The company’s continuously expanding dataset spans more than 13 billion diagnostic test results across 100 million unique patients. To support this expansion, we are investing into our team with an exciting opportunity to drive hc1’s growth and shape the future of emerging healthcare technology.
The Sr. Software Engineer designs, develops, implements and maintains the products that support the hc1 platform. By participating in design and code reviews, documentation of design, and implementation of SDLC methodologies to ensure high quality software, this position helps to evolve the world’s bioinformatics leader in precision testing and prescribing. As part of Engineering Team, reporting to the SVP of Engineering, this role is critical to the maturation of all hc1 products from UX/UI to server-side integrations. The role is also critical to the maturation of all hc1 products by incorporating Continuous Improvement methods and software quality best practices into the team’s work products.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to the development of hc1's products
- Design, build, and test new features and functionality based on requirements provided
- Participate in design and code reviews, documentation of design, and implementation of SDLC methodologies to ensure high quality software
- Provide documentation and training to solution architects, implementation engineers and clients on new functionality
- Troubleshoot and fix software application problems
- Participate in hc1’s software process quality efforts
Your background should include:
- A four-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. A master’s degree in Computer Science is preferred
- 5+ years experience with software design and development
- 3+ years professional experience doing enterprise Java development
- Experience in designing and developing modern User Interfaces for desktop and mobile
- Experience in developing and debugging multithreaded and transactional server applications
- Experience in software design patterns
- A thorough understanding of the concepts and components required for software interfaces and integration
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Professional skills in working with various relational database systems
- Ability to work both independently and in small team environments
Tech Stack you will be using:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Open source technologies based on open standards
What makes us unique:
- Unlimited PTO, remote friendly and flexible hours
- 401k Matching
- Career planning, mentorships and professional development
- Stock Options
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Wellness Programs
Get a glimpse into our culture and perks by visiting hc1.com/careers and follow us on Instagram (@hc1dotcom) to get a day in the life at hc1.