The Data Platform Engineer is looked upon to design, implement, support, administrator and maintain AWS Database Technologies as part of hc1.com's emergent AWS strategy. This position will also provide support for hc1.com's existing MySQL and PostgreSQL relational database technologies. Reporting to the Director of Cloud Engineering, the Data Platform Engineer is part of a highly motivated team within hc1.com's Cloud Engineering Department.
*Only candidates local to Indianapolis will be considered for this position.
Your background should include:
- A four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience in performing database monitoring, maintenance, reorganizations, resource management, schema management, and capacity
- Experience with modeling business requirements
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure including Redshift, Aurora, and Kinesis
- Knowledge with writing code in Python or similar scripting language
What you will be doing:
- Perform database monitoring, maintenance, reorganizations, resource management, schema management, capacity planning and performance tuning for the company's databases
- Provide technical architecture and design as required
- Work with application owners and developers to support development efforts
- Design changes to our data structures to meet business challenges
- Recommend improvements to our data storage approach
Tech Stack You Will Be Using:
- AWS Database Services
- Docker technologies
What makes us unique:
- Unlimited PTO, remote friendly and flexible hours
- Career planning, mentorships and professional development
- Stock Options
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Wellness Programs
Who we are:
hc1.com, the leader in cloud-based precision health solutions, improves lives by making sure the right patient gets the right test and the right prescription at the right time. Its cloud-based solutions enable healthcare organizations—including medical laboratories, health systems, payors, and health plans—to deliver on the promise of optimized prescribing, high-value care, and preventative medicine.
Get a glimpse into our culture and perks by visiting hc1.com/careers and follow us on Instagram (@hc1dotcom) to get a day in the life at hc1.