HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA Tour 2K Golf - presently working on Console and PC. We have an opportunity for a VFX Artist to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development.
As a VFX Artist, you will work with a team of professionals to create and maintain a coherent vision of the game's look and feel when it comes to visual effects, from game systems to cinematic pieces.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Art Lead to help design and manage Visual Effects that support the design and vision.
- Collaborate with other sub-disciplines including Environment Artists, Level Creators, Lighting/Camera Artists, Technical Artists, and Software Engineers.
- Visualize, create, and implement real-time visual effects in Unity Engine that are both stunning and realistic while remaining performant.
- Work closely with Artists to maintain and improve particle systems, full screen effects, and cameras based on visual targets.
- Understand integration pipelines and take assets from creation to in-game while adhering to workflows and processes.
- Create climatic conditions and weather weather effects.
- Build prototypes of new effects and render features for game and engine.
- Provide input to the improvement of evolution of systems, processes, and tools.
- Write and maintain documentation of workbooks on Confluence.
- Participate and engage in team and departmental meetings.
- Mentor and guide less experienced team members.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Typically, a minimum of 2 to 4 years of industry experience.
- Professional VFX experience in game development.
- A strong background in Particle Effects Systems (Unity Experienced preferred).
- Art production experience leading to at least one shipped title on Gen 8/9 Consoles.
- Maya scripting experience in Python and MEL.
- Background in 3D modelling and texturing with relevant 2D/3D software (Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Substance).
- Experience analyzing environmental atmospherics and recreating them in-engine.
- Strong sense of timing, animation, and movements of realistic objects and visual effects.
- Experience with Project Management (Shotgrid, Jira, Confluence) and Source Control (Perforce, Git) tools.
We appreciate your interest in joining HB Studios and encourage you to apply today with your resume and portfolio!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hb-studios.com accounts.