Employer: HB Studios Multimedia Limited
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Employment Address: 37 Hall Street, Lunenburg, NS B0J 2C0
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Medical coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, long-term disability, RRSP/DPSP benefits, employee stock purchase plan, paid vacation and sick time benefits.
Salary: $78,000 - $120,000 CAD per annum
Contact: Please send resumes to [email@example.com] and include “Senior Software Engineer” in the email subject line.
- Own large sized features, or multiple small to medium ones, and work alongside other specialists on features and bugs.
- Write clear and maintainable code for large and highly complex software programs and systems.
- Design, develop, test and implement code that meets the required organization needs, standards, and priorities.
- Enforce coding standards and perform code reviews of other software engineers.
- Set objectives for assigned areas and communicate progress of work and roadblocks that could impact agreed upon schedules.
- Identify and resolve technical problems and risks while presenting possible solutions as needed.
- Support the determination of approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Build relationships and collaborate with software engineers and across the development team.
- Provide mentorship and facilitate learning for less experienced team members.
- Continue to learn and hone skills while staying up to date with technical advancements.
- Write documentation for other programmers to use.
- Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems including mobile application
- Plan, design and coordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems including mobile applications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in game programming.
- Expertise with and C++/C# programming.
- Proven expertise in rendering.
- Applied math skills (matrices, vectors, algebra, etc.)
- A reliable teammate with the ability to work independently.
- A strong communicator in both verbally and written forms.
- A detail-oriented person with flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- A self-motivated and organized individual with balancing multiple priorities.