Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2015 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and ensure all children can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide on-demand physical and mental health care services to over 2 million students in school districts across the country.
Physical and mental telehealth has become more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your gifts and talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
The Role: Customer Success Manager
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region (VA/MD preferred)
At Hazel Health, we believe talent is everywhere, and so is opportunity. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Dallas, we have embraced working remotely throughout the United States.
While some roles may require proximity to our San Francisco or Dallas offices, remote roles can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA and WI. Please only apply if you live and work full-time in one of the states listed above or plan to relocate to one of these states before starting your employment with Hazel. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
About this role:
We are looking for dynamic, empathetic, and action-oriented individuals to join our exciting Customer Success team.
As a Customer Success Manager, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the successful adoption and ongoing usage of Hazel services within the schools Hazel Health serves. You will work closely with the Account Management and Implementation teams to establish an infrastructure for school support. As a Customer Success Manager, you will have hands-on experience working with our school nurses and other health staff, at the forefront of ensuring access to quality healthcare for all students.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop strong relationships with school sites and develop a deep understanding of the school’s healthcare needs.
- Ensure a high level of school satisfaction
- Establish, maintain, and mature the relationship with school nurses, school counselors, and other school staff.
- Train school staff in group and one-on-one settings, virtually and in person on how to use the Hazel telehealth system at school sites.
- Support the parent and teacher education process and enroll students into the Hazel program.
- Regularly meet and communicate with the school health and leadership teams to ensure awareness of Hazel products and school engagement.
- Ensure a high level of school satisfaction.
- Attend and facilitate specific community events as a representative of Hazel Health. Act as an informative, supportive, inclusive, kind, and thoughtful connection to the community.
- Develop deep knowledge of the community and community resources.
- Build a Hazel community amongst schools, parents, and other key stakeholders.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Passion for our mission
- Experience working with children in diverse socio-economic environments is strongly desired.
- Demonstrate cultural empathy for the diverse subgroups of students and families we serve in the school district.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to understand and convey information clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments and scheduled events.
- Open to feedback and personal development.
- Able to exercise kindness, humility, tact, courtesy, and diplomacy when dealing with individuals at any level.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, and professionally represent Hazel
- Ability to work as a team player and adapt to change effectively.
- Understand the role as serving the school district and the student/community population.
- Able to work independently and work proactively to address customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree or above from an accredited institution
- Experience in customer relations roles, preferably with account management responsibilities
- Experience in the education K12 industry is a plus
- Former educators or school nurses are welcome to apply!
- Meet specific fingerprinting requirements for DOJ-cleared access to work on a school campus
Hazel’s Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand, align, and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams, geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone’s personal story drives to transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail, and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people - our families and students, our teammates, our partners, our neighbors, ourselves.
- Flexible work hours and option to work remotely
- Generous, high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K with a 100% employer match for contributions up to 4% of salary
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays annually
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability and employer-sponsored life insurance
Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of 80,000 to 90,000, a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid-time off, and a broad range of other benefits and perks. Peruse our benefits at Hazel Health Benefits.
We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. Hazel Health values the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. We are proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the Fair Hiring laws. Learn more about working with us at Hazel Health Life.