Hazel partners with schools and families to provide physical and mental virtual health care that helps students feel better and get back to learning. As telehealth becomes more and more relevant in the lives of children, Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth. Our innovative response to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare has been recognized by Fast Company as “one of the world’s most innovative places to work” in 2023.
Helping students and their families feel better takes a team of smart, dedicated people. As an integral member of the Hazel team, you will…
Make an Impact: Work with a team that is increasing equitable access of quality healthcare experiences for students and their families
Enable Scale: Work with a team that is building and professionalizing a high-growth high impact social enterprise
Feel Valued: Work with a team that is being compensated competitively developed professionally, and celebrated frequently for making a meaningful difference
At Hazel Health, we believe talent is everywhere, and so is opportunity. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Dallas, we have embraced working remotely throughout the United States.
While some roles may require proximity to our San Francisco or Dallas offices, remote roles can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA and WI. Please only apply if you live and work full-time in one of the states listed above or plan to relocate to one of these states before starting your employment with Hazel. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Role: Customer Support Teammate
Location: Irving, Texas
About this role:
We are looking for a dynamic, empathetic, and action-oriented individual to join our Hazel Support team.
This position is Monday-Friday from 10:00am - 7:00pm working out of our office location in Irving, TX.
As a Support Team Member, your primary responsibility will be ensuring our students get the best care possible by providing support to our schools, families and internal teammates. You will directly interact with school personnel, community members, and prospective district partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for inbound and outbound phone calls with parents/guardians, schools, and other stakeholders to provide support as needed:
- Account creation and troubleshooting account issues
- Resolving concerns related to a Hazel visit
- Supporting parents/guardians in completing Hazel consent forms
- Resolving student information entered incorrectly
- Providing cost and insurance information
- Troubleshooting equipment and technical issues
- Complete time sensitive data entry tasks to ensure successful Hazel visits
- Support various Hazel teams by responding to internal questions and requests, such as:
- Resolving issues with obtaining parental/guardian consent
- Managing support tickets
- Researching district/school information and community resources
- Creating internal and external process guides
- Answer questions within the realm of knowledge/expertise; for those questions outside of knowledge/expertise, expediently and appropriately relay the information
- Play an integral part of coordinating information between providers, students, and their families
- Build a customer experience that promotes Hazel as the supportive and engaging company we strive to be
- Ensure Hazel provides quality and consistent service, including appropriate cultural, economic, FERPA, and district health understanding
- Additional duties as assigned
- Customer service mindset, including responsiveness, patience, accuracy, compassion, and resourcefulness
- Understand the role as serving the school district and the student/community population
- Ability to exercise empathy, understanding of the school environment and children/personnel in that environment, tact, courtesy, kindness and diplomacy when dealing with individuals (at any level)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Ability to stay calm in a fast-paced environment and take swift action to ensure customer satisfaction
- Computer skills and an ability to learn and understand general technical requirements for the telemedicine system
- Passion for our mission
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year experience in a call center/customer service role, preferably in a clinical setting, with the ability to handle support tasks while resolving customer questions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and effective with multi-tasking
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Health-tech / Ed-tech experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment is strongly preferred
- Spanish fluency preferred
The compensation range for this role is $21.00-$24.50/hour with a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, and a broad range of other benefits.
We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. Hazel Health values the minds, experiences, and perspectives of people from all walks of life. We are proud to value diversity and be an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the Fair Hiring laws. Learn more about working with us at Hazel Health Life.