Hazel partners with schools and families to provide physical and mental virtual health care that helps students feel better and get back to learning. As telehealth becomes more and more relevant in the lives of children, Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth. Our innovative response to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare has been recognized by Fast Company as “one of the world’s most innovative places to work” in 2023.
Helping students and their families feel better takes a team of smart, dedicated people. As an integral member of the Hazel team, you will…
- Make an Impact: Work with a team that is increasing equitable access of quality healthcare experiences for students and their families
- Enable Scale: Work with a team that is building and professionalizing a high-growth high impact social enterprise
- Feel Valued: Work with a team that is being compensated competitively developed professionally, and celebrated frequently for making a meaningful difference
At Hazel Health, we believe talent is everywhere, and so is opportunity. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Dallas, we have embraced working remotely throughout the United States.
While some roles may require proximity to our San Francisco or Dallas offices, remote roles can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA and WI. Please only apply if you live and work full-time in one of the states listed above or plan to relocate to one of these states before starting your employment with Hazel. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Role: Patient Enrollment Coordinator
Location: Irving, Texas (in-person)
About This Role:
We are looking for a dynamic, empathetic, and action-oriented individual to join our Enrollment Coordinator Team.
This role has the flexibility to have summers off, working over a 10-month period, Monday-Friday at the office location in Irving, TX, 12 pm-9 pm CST.
As an Enrollment Coordinator, your primary responsibility will be ensuring our students get the best care possible by providing support to our schools, families, and internal teammates. You will directly interact with parents/guardians and district/school personnel and serve as the front door to help families enroll in our HEART mental health program by obtaining health insurance information, securing parent/guardian consent, and scheduling appointments with our clinical team.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct outreach calls to families who are referred for our HEART mental health program
- Accurately schedule families for mental health visits
- Support with account creation and account issues
- Support with Hazel's consent form completion
- Communicate with schools to process referrals, including escalating safety concerns based on pre-defined guidelines
- Answer questions within the realm of knowledge/expertise; for those questions outside of knowledge/expertise, expediently and appropriately relay the information
- Provide cost and insurance information and collect complete insurance information from families prior to scheduling over the phone and by using proprietary tools
- Conduct insurance eligibility verifications and conduct follow-up action as needed
- Complete time-sensitive data documentation to ensure the patient profile is updated
- Play an integral part in coordinating information between providers, students, and their families
- Build a customer experience that promotes Hazel as the supportive and engaging company we strive to be
- Troubleshoot basic equipment and technical issues
- Ensure Hazel provides quality and consistent service, including appropriate cultural, economic, FERPA, HIPAA, and district health understanding
- Additional duties as assigned
We are looking for diverse individuals who want to support our mission and values. Please consider applying even if you don't fully meet 100% of these criteria.
- Passion for Hazel Health’s mission
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
- 1+ year experience in a call center/customer service role, preferably in a clinical setting
- Customer service mindset, including responsiveness, patience, accuracy, compassion, and resourcefulness
- Ability to exercise empathy, understanding of the school environment and children/staff in that environment, and diplomacy when dealing with individuals (at any level)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Ability to stay calm in a fast-paced environment and take swift action across multiple platforms to ensure customer satisfaction
- Computer skills and an ability to learn and understand general technical requirements for the telemedicine system
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and effective with multi-tasking
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Health-tech / Ed-tech experience is strongly preferred
- Patient access and/or insurance eligibility verification experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment is strongly preferred
The compensation range for this role is $21.00-$23.50/hour with a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, and a broad range of other benefits.
We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. Hazel Health values the minds, experiences, and perspectives of people from all walks of life. We are proud to value diversity and be an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the Fair Hiring laws. Learn more about working with us at Hazel Health Life.