Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2016 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and ensure all children can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide on-demand physical and mental health care services to over 2 million students in school districts across the country.
Physical and mental telehealth has become more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your gifts and talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
The Role: Advanced Practice Provider
Location: Remote, (Multiple State Licenses Required)
About This Role:
We are looking for an experienced and compassionate Physician Associate or Nurse Practitioner to join our growing healthcare provider team. By bringing medical care to children who may have limited access to the traditional healthcare system, or providers have a tremendous impact. Hazel Health is investing significantly in technology to help expand our reach and deliver care to patients at a place where they are most likely to engage and benefit. You will join a diverse group of caring clinicians who are changing medicine, one patient at a time.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide virtual health care services to students in our partner school districts, includes informing families and schools as appropriate
- Collaborate with our care team, including Physicians, Clinical Support Specialists, Family Resource Navigators, and others
- Provide both acute and primary care primarily utilizing a video telemedicine platform to evaluate and treat patients
- Analyze and interpret patients' histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses and care plans.
- Communicate with patients, families, and school personnel through a variety of ways (e.g. video, phone, chat, email)
- Partner and build trust with school nurses, health staff, and other stakeholders
- Provide training and continuing education to clinicians, as needed
- Provide culturally humble, individualized health education and guidance
- Serve as the Pediatric care expert to our partner schools and districts, sharing guidance and best practices, as needed
- Work with the clinical support team to ensure each student has access to the care they need
- Assist in supporting students with chronic conditions in the school setting
- Provide referrals and follow-up care, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for diverse individuals who want to support our mission and values. Please consider applying even if you don't fully meet 100% of these criteria.
- Passion for Hazel Health’s mission
- Certified Physician Associate or Nurse Practitioner, **this role requires current licenses to practice in more than 1 state** FL, TX, CA,
- Multi-language ability a huge plus- Spanish, Haitian Creole, Vietnamese, Mandarin, or Somali preferred
- Excitement for building a new healthcare model
- Deep clinical knowledge and expertise
- Comfort treating patients in a variety of settings (e.g. office/clinic, video, phone)
- Experience providing both acute and primary care
- Minimum of 3 years experience within Pediatrics
- Strong communication skills across diverse populations and ability to connect well with children
- Telemedicine experience strongly preferred
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Ability to problem solve through innovation
- Understanding of start up culture
- Technological skills to include the ability to learn new software and programs and complete digital paperwork
- Available 9-2 or 10-2 EST M-F (part-time) 10-month employment (school-year based)
Hazel’s Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand, align, and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams, geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone’s personal story drives to transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail, and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people - our families and students, our teammates, our partners, our neighbors, ourselves.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer:
- A competitive hourly rate for all hours worked (W2 employee)
- The ability to work remotely
- Malpractice coverage
- Home office setup including iPad and keyboard
- A positive, supportive, and passionate team
- Paid training
- A positive, supportive, and passionate team
Our Stance On Diversity:
At Hazel, we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on them. We recognize that having diverse perspectives and backgrounds among our teammates makes our company, our solutions, and our service to families and schools stronger. We are committed to making Hazel an inclusive work environment and helping all staff grow professionally.
Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.