Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2015 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and ensure all children can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide on-demand physical and mental health care services to over 2 million students in school districts across the country.
Physical and mental telehealth has become more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your gifts and talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
The Role: Pediatric Mental Health Therapist
Location: Remote, Virginia
About This Role:
We are looking for empathetic, compassionate, and pediatric-focused professionals to join our growing Mental Health team.
As a Virtual Therapist, your primary responsibility will be to provide world-class mental health care to students within our partner school districts. You will interact and build relationships with school personnel, family members, and other stakeholders working to bring accessible healthcare to students across the country.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide virtual consultation and solution focused therapeutic interventions for children in grades K-12
- Provide virtual consultation crisis intervention services for children in grades K-12
- Provide culturally relevant counseling and treatment
- Collaborate with care management team to identify and support transition services
- Participate in trainings, meetings, and other activities
We are looking for diverse individuals who want to support our mission and values. Please consider applying even if you don't fully meet 100% of these criteria.
- Passion for our mission
- Masters’ Degree in social work or counseling
- Unrestricted license to provide clinical services in VA required (additional licenses in NV, TX, CO, HI, CA, WA, FL, GA, MD, MO, or WA desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in pediatric mental/behavioral health
- Experience working in a school-based setting or with school aged children
- Self-motivated and eager to create a positive difference in the lives of students
- Experience providing therapy through telehealth preferred
- Technological skills to include the ability to learn new software and programs and complete digital paperwork
- Effective communicator through multiple channels (phone, video, email, in-person)
- Willingness/ability to gain licensure in other states as needed (paid for by Hazel)
- Willingness/ability to go through Hazel's credentialing process
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish fluency highly desired)
- Part-Time (12 hour a week/minimum- flexible schedule)
- Hours must be completed between 2-9 PM, M-F
Hazel’s Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand, align, and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams, geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone’s personal story drives to transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail, and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people - our families and students, our teammates, our partners, our neighbors, ourselves.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer:
- A competitive hourly rate of $58-$64/hour for all hours worked (W2 employee) **Hourly Increase for bilingual Candidates**
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work remotely
- Malpractice coverage
- Home office setup including iPad and keyboard
- A positive, supportive, and passionate team
- Paid training
Our Stance On Diversity:
At Hazel, we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on them. We recognize that having diverse perspectives and backgrounds among our teammates makes our company, our solutions, and our service to families and schools stronger. We are committed to making Hazel an inclusive work environment and helping all staff grow professionally.
Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.