Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2015 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and ensure all children can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide on-demand physical and mental health care services to over 2 million students in school districts across the country.
Physical and mental telehealth has become more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your gifts and talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
The Role: Customer Support Coordinator
Location: Irving, Texas
About this role:
We are looking for a dynamic, empathetic, and action-oriented individual to join our Hazel Support team.
This position is Monday-Friday from 1:00pm - 10:00pm working out of our office location in Irving, TX.
As a Support Team Member, your primary responsibility will be ensuring our students get the best care possible by providing support to our schools, families and internal teammates. You will directly interact with school personnel, community members, and prospective district partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for inbound and outbound phone calls with parents/guardians, schools, and other stakeholders to provide support as needed:
- Account creation and troubleshooting account issues
- Resolving concerns related to a Hazel visit
- Supporting parents/guardians in completing Hazel consent forms
- Resolving student information entered incorrectly
- Providing cost and insurance information
- Troubleshooting equipment and technical issues
- Complete time sensitive data entry tasks to ensure successful Hazel visits
- Support various Hazel teams by responding to internal questions and requests, such as:
- Resolving issues with obtaining parental/guardian consent
- Managing support tickets
- Researching district/school information and community resources
- Creating internal and external process guides
- Answer questions within the realm of knowledge/expertise; for those questions outside of knowledge/expertise, expediently and appropriately relay the information
- Play an integral part of coordinating information between providers, students, and their families
- Build a customer experience that promotes Hazel as the supportive and engaging company we strive to be
- Ensure Hazel provides quality and consistent service, including appropriate cultural, economic, FERPA, and district health understanding
- Customer service mindset, including responsiveness, patience, accuracy, compassion, and resourcefulness
- Understand the role as serving the school district and the student/community population
- Ability to exercise empathy, understanding of the school environment and children/personnel in that environment, tact, courtesy, kindness and diplomacy when dealing with individuals (at any level)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Ability to stay calm in a fast-paced environment and take swift action to ensure customer satisfaction
- Computer skills and an ability to learn and understand general technical requirements for the telemedicine system
- Passion for our mission
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year experience in a call center / customer service role, preferably in a clinical setting, with the ability to handle support tasks while resolving customer questions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and effective with multi-tasking
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Health-tech / Ed-tech experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment strongly preferred
Hazel’s Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand, align, and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams, geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone’s personal story drives to transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail, and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people - our families and students, our teammates, our partners, our neighbors, ourselves.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Generous, high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage on day one of employment
- 401K with a 100% employer match for contributions up to 4% of salary
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays annually
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability and employer-sponsored life insurance
- A positive, supportive, and passionate team
Our Stance On Diversity:
At Hazel, we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on them. We recognize that having diverse perspectives and backgrounds among our teammates makes our company, our solutions, and our service to families and schools stronger. We are committed to making Hazel an inclusive work environment and helping all staff grow professionally.
Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.