About Hazel Health
Hazel Health was founded on the belief that access to healthcare should never stand in a child's way of excelling. At Hazel Health we improve the health and well-being of children by leveraging innovative technology to make it easier for children to receive care from passionate, licensed healthcare providers. Our telehealth solution benefits students, parents, educators, and the community overall. We are dedicated to improving access and equity, so every student has the foundation to succeed.
Join our unique team of leaders from technology, healthcare, and education, all with proven track records for delivering sustainable, successful services to transform the way students receive health services at school and at home.
We are looking for dynamic, empathetic, and action-oriented individuals to join our exciting People team.
As an HR Manager, your primary responsibility will be to support our rapidly expanding organization through the day-to-day management of HR operations and initiatives. The HR Manager will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities and will report to the VP of People.
Duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
Primary Job Responsibility
- Provide overall HR Operations and HR Program support
- Lead efforts in evaluating, creating and optimizing People processes and policies
- Manage onboarding new hires and offboarding exiting employees
- Help organize training & development initiatives
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs, in collaboration with Professional Employer Organization (PEO)
- Lead initiatives for employee engagement
- Organize company wide communications and events
- Develop new procedures and policies to continually improve the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve personnel experience
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal reporting and employment regulations
- Managing HR systems (e.g., Greenhouse, Trinet, OrangeTree)
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for our mission
- 7+ years of experience in People/HR function, ideally within a start-up organization
- 4-year degree
- Track record of being adaptable to changing priorities in a high-growth environment
- Able to work at a high level of autonomy and manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal)
- A team player with a sense of ownership and "get things done" attitude
- Knowledge of HR laws and regulations
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
At Hazel, we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on it. Having a diverse team makes our company, our products, and our solutions and service to families and schools stronger and better. Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.