HAY North America and Design Within Reach are members of the Herman Miller Consumer family. Our HAY Chicago store is planned to open in September of 2019.
HAY - North America stores are the perfect environment to grow your career in the interior design and home goods industry. Our stores serve as both a retail environment and as community centers for design, inviting constant interaction between the customer, our products and our team. Our store Retail Sales Assistants learn the business every day through assisting with all aspects of sales support, from assisting with inventory, visual set up, and facilitating the client experience to post-sale client care. You will be exposed to various aspects of sales, operations, inventory management, and retail visuals within the Store while providing support to the Store team members. Retail Sales Assistants own various projects that build strategic skills, help create sales and provide an exceptional client experience, consistent with HAY's mission. As a Retail Sales Assistant, you'll report to the Store Manager.
Check out HAY's instagram! https://www.instagram.com/haydesign/
What you’ll do:
You'll have opportunities to speak up, build relationships and grow your design skills every day as you:
- Manage and process inbound deliveries promptly; monitor to prioritize the daily workload
- Maintain the store appearance and product by complying with corporate visual merchandising standards and directives
- Ensure proper organization and accessibility of merchandise
- Be knowledgeable of stock including quantity, how many units are on hand, what is selling and what is not
- Support floor moves and ensure selling floor is stocked throughout the day
- Ensure all items on the sales floor and ensure accurate vendor information and pricing
- Conduct price changes and markdowns when necessary
- Maintain overall cleanliness and organization standards on the selling floor and in the stockroom
- Ensure a great client experience, including greeting clients and welcoming them to the studio, as needed
- Build strong working relationships with fellow team members
- Attend store meetings, participate in product trainings, share information among peers and utilize the HAY website to foster continual growth of product knowledge base and knowledge of the design industry
Sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- Background in interior design or architecture
- Retail sales experience or customer success experience preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills – always willing to “go the extra mile.”
- Team player: cooperative, builds relationships easily and support of peers, and encourages collaboration
- Proficiency with Mac OS, MS Office software, Gmail and web navigation
- POS operations preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and regularly move items such as catalog boxes, water cases and product
Retail Sales Assistants are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
HAY - North America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.