At Hayden AI, we are on a mission to harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform the way governments and businesses address real-world challenges. From optimizing bus lane and bus stop enforcement to pioneering digital twin modeling and beyond, our innovative mobile perception system empowers our clients to accelerate transit, enhance street safety, and drive forward a sustainable future.
The Hardware Quality Manager (HQM) will support the Quality Management System, focusing on hardware and manufacturing quality. Responsibilities include ensuring that hardware meets specified requirements throughout the product development lifecycle, covering use case clarification, design, development, testing, validation, field tests, and pilot projects.
- Collaborate with engineers to create and implement functional test processes for new products.
- Develop electrical tests for subsystem boxes to ensure proper function pre-integration or shipment.
- Execute quality tests and validate proposed hardware changes as defined by Engineering.
- Establish processes to ensure product quality, including effective process controls and pFMEA risk assessments.
- Manage manufacturers and suppliers to ensure compliance with safety and quality regulations.
- Troubleshoot component/system failures during assembly and corrective action investigations.
- Report quality status, incidents, and root-cause-analysis to Project Management and the Director of QA.
- Communicate quality targets and escalate project-endangering situations.
- Drive design and process optimization for manufacturability, serviceability, and reliability.
- Support NPI and sustaining programs with JDM and Contract Manufacturers.
- Manage RMA and warranty processes.
- BS/BA in Quality Management, Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in quality management, manufacturing, validation testing, hardware bring-up, and engineering
- Proficient with quality management, configuration management, test, defect, and requirements management tools
- Extensive experience with contract manufacturers, covering quality management, engineering change orders, process optimization, and cost-down initiatives
- In-depth knowledge of system validation and troubleshooting
- Skilled in evaluating Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) for optimization and innovation opportunities
- Familiar with manufacturing assembly and test procedures, adept at reviewing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Clear understanding of fabrication processes for metal, plastic parts, printed circuit boards, and electronic product manufacturing
- Technical proficiency in manufacturing, including technical drawings, blueprints, and CAD/CAM
Target Salary Range
- $100,000 - $140,000
- Company granted equity
- Company wide bonus program
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more!)
Just a few of our perks include:
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our San Francisco office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.