Welcome to Hayden AI, where the future is ours to make.
This is our mantra and the mark of our difference—and by no accident. It’s a decision: We choose, every day, to uphold our collective promise.
Our six cultural values make it all possible. The qualities inherent to our identity, they guide everything we do as individuals and as a global team: what we say, how we behave and engage, the people we hire, even the innovations we pursue. They allow us to act as one across all levels, engagements, and borders, take our plans beyond the boardroom, and ultimately deliver exceptional work to our customers.
Come join us, and help us build a vision-based data platform for smart enforcement and smart cities with our six core values in mind:
- Customer Focus
Summary of Responsibilities
- The role of Senior/Staff Mechanical Engineer at Hayden is an opportunity to drive projects, create new designs, and refine Hayden's existing hardware architecture.
- This person will own entire projects from end-to-end, creating concepts to prototyping to manufacturing implementation.
- You will help determine when to prototype, analyze, and when to ask for more information in early development phases.
- You will use your experience in manufacturing and shipping to enable success in scaling the Hayden hardware design to full production and multiple product lines.
- At least 10+ years of experience designing electromechanical systems and scaling hardware products.
- Proficiency in one or multiple CAD systems. Solidworks, Fusion360, NX, etc.
- Design experience creating 3D CAD, 2D drawings, and other supporting documentation for electromechanical systems.
- Hands-on experience prototyping, testing, and validating hardware projects in the lab and field.
- Direct manufacturing experience driving a hardware design to scale and communicating with manufacturing partners domestically and internationally.
- Experience with die casting, injection molding, compression molding, and other production processes.
- A rigorous engineering mindset to test and validate our product inside our lab, 3rd party labs, and out in the real world.
- Automotive product experience, especially experience with SAE or MIL standards.
- Familiarity with electrical debug tools - oscilloscope, network analyzer, etc.
- Firmware or software experience and/or debug support.
- Experience working directly with customer or product teams to effectively communicate technical concepts.
There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more)!
Just a few of our perks include:
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Options for 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLife Legal Plan(s) & Pet Insurance
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Daily catered lunches in our Oakland office
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.