We're not your traditional technology company. And we’re not looking for traditional technologists. We’re looking for the rock stars. The outliers. The driven. The optimists who engage and influence others. The ones who believe there are always faster, simpler, or just plain better ways to do things, with ideas that capture our imagination and leave us thinking of the possibilities long after the meeting has ended.
As the Perception Engineer, Geometric Computer Vision, you will need to develop computer vision algorithms for object detection, tracking, and classifications that are robust to lighting and weather changes. This work requires that you collaborate with state estimation engineers and assist in developing powerful feature detectors/ descriptors and large-scale 3D maps. Furthermore, it is expected that you stay organized and communicative with others to ensure that goals and objectives are being met on time. To guarantee the consistency of projects, you will participate in end-to-end development and training in Cloud to optimize development on embedded platforms.
- BS, MS or PhD in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Expertise in one or more areas: Image Processing, Geometric Computer Vision, Deep Learning (ideally CNNs), classical machine learning such as SVM, decision trees, boosting, graphical models, sequential prediction, or sampling methods
- Strong C++ programming and software design skills
- Familiarity with a deep learning framework such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe or Theano
- Proven track record - significant industry experience and/or publications at venues such as ICRA, RSS, IROS, or CVPR
- Experience deploying CV/ML in a robot or real-time application
- Understanding of optimization of DL models and deployment on embedded platforms such as the Nvidia Jetson
- Experience in designing large-scale machine learning pipelines
0.15% - 0.25% Equity
Jump into this ground floor opportunity with the team; help shape the strategic direction of the company. You will have opportunities to get to know your team better through frequent employee events and gathering. Surround yourself with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment. There are endless learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields (AI, Computer Vision, Government Contracting, Systems & Device Engineering, Operations, Communications, and more)!
All the perks of a Valley startup, including:
- Experienced leadership with a great track record of growing startups
- Comfortable co-working environment and communal problem solving
- Free lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, daily
- Fun activities like weekly happy hour, daily group workouts and occasional nerf battles
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We are in the heart of Oakland, walking distance from the BART station
And benefits such as:
- Stock options
- Coverage for (health, dental, vision) including qualified dependents
- 401K with matching
- Commuter assistance
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO
Hayden AI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. Hayden AI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Join a team of experts in machine learning, data science, transportation, and government technology, developing and deploying the world’s first autonomous traffic management platform. We look forward to finding your fit within Hayden AI!
To all recruitment agencies: Hayden AI does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hayden AI employees or any other company location. Hayden AI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.