Haven Technologies is a new quote-to-claim insurtech platform for the life, disability and annuities industries that allows carriers to leverage our innovative platform as their own. Through our SaaS model, our solutions, including new business, in-force management and product development, are available to everyone.
We believe in making life better, together. Our time-tested, purpose-built technology has already delighted customers through digital experiences, transformed complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launched new products with speed to help more people access life insurance. Don’t take our word for it, hear directly from our team.
But Haven Technologies is not just about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
CloudOps and DevOps teams in our Infrastructure Engineering group enable Haven to continually disrupt the Insuretech space. Our teams build, maintain and deliver infrastructure that enables Haven Life product teams to ship industry leading and innovative systems that make everyone feel good about life insurance. We work hard, we play hard and we also laugh hard. We encourage taking risks and learning from our mistakes but we also celebrate our wins all as one team. Our group is always looking for ways to improve our delivery to production, stability at scale, software automation, security, agility and helping our organization grow. No challenge is too big or too small for our group. Our toolbox is never full. If you are excited about cloud technologies and helping people as we are then we have a place for you.
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE:
- You have a passion for technology and a drive to constantly iterate and improve your ecosystem.
- Your experience covers a gamut of modern tools, systems and patterns which have helped you achieve automation, productivity and stability in an organization.
- You care about up time, SLA's, blue/green deployments, stability and balance while minimizing risk to our customers.
- You have consistently made choices that positively impact all of engineering. Engineering excellence is a collective set of choices we make as technologists-whether to increase code coverage or ship a product on time, investing in developer productivity vs saving $$$.
- You have the ability to balance tactical items against long term value. You demonstrate strong judgment across a multitude of situations and drive decision making taking all factors into account.
- You can work and live at various levels, zoom-in and out as the situation demands. You stay connected to the details while possessing the ability to see the big picture.
- You have hands-on experience across various platforms and can navigate your way across a complex and rapidly changing technology landscape and stay on top of industry trends.
- BS in Computer Science or Related
- 5+ years experience as a Devops/SRE
- Experience in explaining complex problems and solutions to people inside and outside their domain of expertise
- Can effectively cope with ambiguity and act without having the total picture while managing risk and uncertainty.
- Expertise in tools and methods to enable efficiency, automation and agility using Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and others (Pagerduty, APM tools, Grafana/Influx, ELK)
- Experience in deploying, supporting and building infrastructure for highly distributed and scalable systems living in AWS/GCP or Azure.
- Experience in open source products such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search, InfluxDB, Kafka, Vault.
- Experience in triaging, troubleshooting and resolving production issues in a large distributed environment.
- Working knowledge of modern web applications built on NodeJS using popular frameworks like Express.
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, a flexible hybrid work schedule and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#6 Best Workplaces in New York) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC)!
Target annual salary for this role is $130,000 to $175,000 + a bonus opportunity of up to 100% of annual base salary + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, accident and life insurance, paid days off, 401(k), and education reimbursement).