Haven Technologies is a new quote-to-claim insurtech platform for the life, disability and annuities industries that allows carriers to leverage our innovative platform as their own. Through our SaaS model, our solutions, including new business, in-force management and product development, are available to everyone.
We believe in making life better, together. Our time-tested, purpose-built technology has already delighted customers through digital experiences, transformed complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launched new products with speed to help more people access life insurance. Don’t take our word for it, hear directly from our team.
But Haven Technologies is not just about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
Your job will require you to work closely with your fellow technology team members, to coordinate with QA resources, and to communicate with business team members in completion of your work. Working with other developers you might work on items such as:
- developing components for algorithmic or manual underwriting module
- creating workflow tools for routing insurance applications
- defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds, or building customer facing components for taking new business applications
- 3+ years experience as a developer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex problems and solutions to people inside and outside their domain of expertise
- Demonstrated ability to design, write, and edit technical and process documentation
- Experience with traditional object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, Python, C++)
- A demonstrable experience in building modern, complex customer-facing web applications
- Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
- Solid grounding in data driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems)
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Testing strategy definition and framework creation
- Familiarity with containerization (ie Docker)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other Relational DBMS
- Familiarity with Microservice framework
- Comfortable expressing unique points of view while respecting the views of others
- Experience delivering unit tests along with new functionality
- Experience with event-driven Java programming (e.g Swing, GWT)
- Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications.
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Experience in multi-platform web-sites (desktop, mobile)
- Offers constructive feedback on areas of broader scope
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, a flexible hybrid work schedule, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#6 Best Workplaces in New York) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC)!
Target annual salary for this role is $130,000 to $165,000 + a bonus opportunity of up to 100% of annual base salary + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, accident and life insurance, paid days off, 401(k), and education reimbursement).