At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014, we've grown into the #1 interior design service in the country.
We're reinventing the way that people design and shop for their homes, making custom furniture and interior design delightful and accessible for all. Although we're headquartered in Denver, we offer both online and in-person services, operating design studios on both coasts and throughout the US.
As Sr. Manager of Logistics, you will play a crucial role in optimizing our supply chain, managing transportation and delivery, and fostering strong partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure seamless and cost-effective operations. You will lead a small but mighty team of logistics professionals and work closely with cross-functional departments to develop and execute innovative strategies that enhance our logistics processes, reduce costs, and improve overall efficiency.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement the domestic logistics strategy to optimize transportation, distribution, and inventory management, while ensuring on-time deliveries and cost-effectiveness.
- Own the container management function of the supply chain team, working closely with our partners and factories to ensure efficient processes and optimized cost.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of logistics professionals to achieve departmental goals and provide opportunities for their professional growth.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Merchandising, Sourcing, Sales, and Growth, to align logistics operations with overall business objectives and customer demand.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with transportation providers, carriers, and 3PL partners to secure competitive rates and service levels.
- Lead the research and security of alternative freight forwarders.
- Utilize data analytics and performance metrics to identify areas for improvement, make data-driven decisions, and regularly report on key logistics KPIs.
- Develop contingency plans and risk management strategies to ensure business continuity and resilience in the face of unforeseen challenges.
- Work closely with Flexport to manage the vendor client relationship and the freight forward process
- Stay current of U.S. Customs regulations (Customs Brokers and the Customs clearance process), helping to find resolutions to any clearance related issues
- Experience with both imports and exports for Ocean and Air transportation.
- Ensure full compliance and timely resolution for the assignment of HTS classifications for import and export shipments on all products.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, regulatory changes, and best practices to drive continuous improvement in logistics processes.
- Manage logistics budgets, track expenses, and optimize costs without compromising service quality.
- Foster collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, carriers, and customers.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or a related field.
- Proven experience of 7 years in international and/or domestic logistics management with 2 years as a leader.
- Strong communications skills, able to distill problems and data into actionable recommendations
- Existing relationships with logistics suppliers and an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses, based on first hand experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international and/or domestic transportation modes, regulations, and logistics best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proficiency in data analysis tools and techniques, Looker experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated agility in leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and guide cross-functional teams effectively.
- Outstanding negotiation and vendor management abilities.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing process improvements and achieving cost savings.
- Proficiency in logistics software and ERP systems (ideally Netsuite)
- This can be a fully remote position, with a preference for those location the Mountain Time Zone (we are located in Denver, CO if you prefer working from our office)
- Targeted compensation range for this role: $100-115k/year, dependent upon experience.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), 401K, paid Parental leave, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.