At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014, we've grown into the #1 interior design service in the country and now also own and operate two growing furniture companies: The Inside by Havenly & Interior Define.
We're reinventing the way that people design and shop for their homes, making custom furniture and interior design delightful and accessible for all. Although we're headquartered in Denver, we offer both online and in-person services, operating design studios on both coasts and throughout the US.
We're seeking a skilled Senior Software Engineer to spearhead a team of talented engineers. Together with product and product design, you will help shape the future of Havenly.
At Havenly, our engineers are trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes. We expect you to get involved as an active participant across the business, and work cross-functionally to solve problems and drive success. If you’re an experienced lead Software Engineer interested in furthering your career by solving interesting problems, mentoring other engineers, and driving success at one of the top consumer startups in Denver, we’d love to talk to you!
We’re excited about you because:
- You are a pragmatic thinker who likes to find ways to deliver results incrementally, and own solutions all the way through to a high-volume production environment.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills working with non-technical partner teams, small teams, ideally in a startup or consulting environment
- You are an experienced lead who loves mentoring and coaching other engineers
- You want to own the delivery of a delightful experience for our customers
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment and don’t mind rolling with, and juggling, a list of priorities
- You know the value of small and mighty agile teams, and have years of experience working as part of them
- You are driven to succeed by your love of learning and dogged desire to win as a team.
- Bonus: Experience at a fast-moving B2C startup
What you’ll do:
- As part of an agile team, work with product managers and business owners to rapidly deliver new features and products that propel our business.
- Help us maintain, improve, and evolve a technology stack that powers the #1 online interior design company.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, and maintain your software in a high-traffic production environment.
- Work with other engineers to review their code (and yours), and ensure that we’re designing and developing for the present with an eye towards the future.
- Learn frameworks and languages that may be new to you, with an attitude that you can teach yourself anything, and that “it’s just code”.
- Participate on an agile (scrum) team; and deliver and support production software weekly.
- Help shape our engineering culture, mentor team members and provide guidance on best practices
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of industry experience as a full stack engineer
- Experience as a team lead on an agile team
- Experience building user interfaces using a frontend framework (such as React, Angular, or Vue) and proficiency in developing web APIs
- Good intuition for software architecture and system design. We want a maintainable code base that we can all enjoy working with
- Solid understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Conversant with containerized, cloud environments (Docker, AWS)
Tools you’ll be using (but not limited to)
- Node.js, GraphQL (Apollo), MySQL, Python, PHP
- AWS Cloud Computing, Docker, Git/Gitlab, Command Line/Shell scripting, Terraform
- This is a full-time remote exempt position. Denver candidates have the option to work hybrid.
- Targeted compensation range for this role: $140-$175K/year, dependent upon experience.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), 401K, paid Parental leave, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with Havenly’s policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all employees at Havenly. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.