Senior Vendor Account Manager
At Havenly, we believe in making space for better living. From gathering home inspiration, to working with a designer, to shopping curated home products, we collaborate with clients across the country to design spaces they love coming home to. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, CO, we are a fun, convenient, and affordable solution for designing your home.
We are looking for a results-driven Senior Vendor Account Manager to join our team to support our rapidly growing business. This role will be at the intersection of the customer, vendor, and designer experience, managing key vendor relationships and leading merchandise operations initiatives. This role will report into our VP of Merchandising and is critical in supporting and establishing strong supplier relationships, maintaining seamless operations with our vendors, and identifying key areas of improvement across our processes, partnerships, and product data.
The right candidate will be a metrics-oriented, strategic relationship builder to oversee our dynamic Account Management/Merchandise Operations team. As the leader of these teams, you will be responsible for building and implementing the strategy across the account management and merchandise operations disciplines. You will have outstanding partnership skills (internal and external), can balance strategic and tactical needs, and know how to anticipate and prepare for change and growth. You will understand how things work at Havenly and with our partners, as well as how to constantly improve your team and their areas of responsibility as we continue to scale
What you’ll do:
- Vendor / Account Management
- Lead regular conversations with vendors to align on areas of strategic focus, ensure that we achieve mutually agreed upon goals, and course correct as necessary in areas of opportunity
- Manage all vendor relationships and programs including financial, operational, and technical performance of each account
- Own new vendor on-boarding conversations and simplify the process to expedite and optimize the on-boarding process for new partners
- Keep the broader Havenly team and leadership apprised of challenges and opportunities and always stay one step ahead of how vendor decisions could potentially impact Havenly’s business, as well as our designers and clients
- Partner with cross-functional teams to deliver against quarterly goals and key initiatives
- Merchandise Operations / Product Data
- Identify internal opportunities to improve operational efficiencies (e.g. returns, cancels, promotions) and partner with appropriate teams to execute the most effective solution
- Partner with new and existing vendors to optimize product data through clear establishment of data quality thresholds and SLA’s
- Evaluate and advocate for the appropriate tools / technology needed to deliver continuous improvement of product data, and thereby the customer experience
- Define a clear QA/QC process against product data and work with Product/Tech teams to implement accordingly
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of experience in a high-growth consumer or e-commerce environment; vendor/account management, operations, or merchandising/buying experience strongly preferred
- An undergraduate degree
- A metrics-first approach: the ability to build a strategy and execute against it in order to deliver results
- A self-starting attitude: you work independently and effectively with minimal direction, and proactively identify opportunities to exceed company, team, and individual goals
- A collaborative approach: you naturally build connections, rapport, and camaraderie with partners across different business disciplines, both internally and externally
- In-depth experience building relationships and working cross-functionally with internal teams
- Deep expertise in managing or supporting external partner relationships (vendors, suppliers, or customers)
- You believe the impossible is possible and will test, analyze, and iterate your way to delivering results
- You are a proactive self-starter, who is dedicated to their craft and committed to continued learning
- You have a flexible attitude and doer, solution-oriented mentality, with the ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- You have confidence in analyzing and acting on data. You understand the nuances and complexities of data but act as a simplifier, realizing that data and insights are only powerful if they drive action
- You are a collaborator, who has strong communication and relationship-building skills. You possess the ability to facilitate group work in a way that encourages diverse viewpoints, seamless collaboration, and a healthy amount of risk-taking
- You’re an incredible people leader, having experience managing in-house orgs. You have a track record of recruiting, nurturing, and retaining high-performers
- You have extraordinary organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- You have a facility for grasping and translating technical concepts and language into common business terms and vice versa
With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested!
- This is a full-time exempt position
- Targeted compensation range for this role is $70-90k flexible, dependent upon experience
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome, and have equal opportunity to thrive
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with Havenly’s policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all employees at Havenly. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.