Havenly, Inc. is a funded and fast growing consumer services startup located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that make decorating your home simple, affordable, and accessible for everyone.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build and maintain solutions that delight our customers and empower our designers. In this role, you’ll be responsible for end to end development of Havenly’s core product and features. You’ll figure out the scaling strategy for a complex & heavily-used product, and implement the UX details that create the most delightful consumer experience.
Havenly engineers are trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes. We expect you to get involved as an active participant across the business and work cross-functionally to solve problems and create success. If you’re interested in tackling big challenges, working hard, and creating success at one of the top consumer startups in Denver, this might be the job for you.
We’re excited about you because:
- You are a pragmatic thinker who likes to find ways to deliver results incrementally, and own solutions all the way through to a high-volume production environment.
- You have 5+ years of full-stack engineering experience
- You have experience working with MySQL or other relational databases, and a solid understanding of SQL
- You’ve professionally experienced with Docker and AWS
- You possess strong interpersonal skills working with non-technical partner teams, small teams, ideally in a startup or consulting environment
- You’re no stranger to writing, running, and maintaining your own automated tests
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment and don’t mind rolling with a juggling of priorities
- You know the value of small and mighty agile teams, and have years of experience working as part of them
- You are driven to succeed by your love of learning and dogged desire to win as a team.
- Bonus: Experience at a fast-moving B2C startup
What you’ll do:
- As part of an agile team, work with product managers and business owners to rapidly deliver new features and products that propel our business.
- Help us maintain, improve, and evolve a technology stack that powers the #1 online interior design company.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, and maintain your software in a high-traffic production environment.
- Work with other engineers to review their code (and yours), and ensure that we’re designing and developing for the present with an eye towards the future.
- Learn frameworks and languages that may be new to you, with an attitude that you can teach yourself anything, and that “it’s just code”.
- Participate on an agile (scrum) team; and deliver and support production software weekly.
What you’ll bring:
- Practical experience and subject matter expertise with Python and SQL
- Competence with Docker, CI pipelines and shell scripting
- Experience with AWS (preferred) or other cloud computing platforms
- Good intuition for software architecture and system design. We want a maintainable code base that we can all enjoy working with
Tools you’ll be using (but not limited to):
- React, SASS, NextJS
- GraphQL (Apollo/Typescript)
- SQL (MySQL)
- AWS Cloud Computing
- Command Line/Shell scripting
This is a full-time exempt position headquartered in Denver, CO (remote candidates considered)
Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K, and Fertility benefits. In addition we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
Targeted compensation range for this role: 115K-135K/year, dependent upon experience.
Havenly is a Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and have equal opportunity to thrive.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.