Havenly, Inc. is a funded and fast growing consumer services startup located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that make decorating your home simple, affordable, and accessible for everyone.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer to help us build data-driven solutions that optimize workflows for our designers and delight our customers. Our ideal candidate has experience building reliable and maintainable production software that integrates ETL, machine learning models, APIs, and other components as needed to deliver real business value.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have a tenacious desire to impact the success of the business, and a track record of doing just that.
- You are a pragmatic thinker who likes to find ways to deliver results incrementally, and own solutions all the way through to a high-volume production environment.
- You are a self-starter who can prioritize, manage & juggle multiple projects at one time. Nothing is impossible to you; you find a way to get things done.
- You are driven to succeed by your love of learning and dogged desire to win as a team.
What you’ll do:
- Build data-driven products that improve our customer and designer experiences
- Find creative and practical solutions to solve problems efficiently
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams on designing and implementing systems, workflows, and models that address business/product needs
- While a part of the job will be training and optimizing machine learning models, you will be responsible for building and maintaining end-to-end data systems in which machine learning models are just one (important) component
- Participate on an agile (scrum) team; and deliver and support production software weekly
- Train and deploy machine learning models where required to solve business problems, but also find simpler solutions that can meet our goals
What you’ll bring:
- Practical experience and subject matter expertise with Python and SQL
- Experience with AWS (preferred) or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience training and evaluating machine learning models, and integrating them into production software systems
- Competence with Docker, CI pipelines and shell scripting
- Familiarity with pandas and scikit-learn
- Solid foundation in algorithms and data structures
- Proficiency in statistics and probability
- Good intuition for software architecture and system design. We want a maintainable code base that we can all enjoy working with
- 5+ years of experience developing production software, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with computer vision
- Experience with natural language processing
- Experience working with graph data
- Mastery of linear algebra, graph theory, network theory, and/or information theory
Tools you’ll be using (but not limited to):
- Python (incl. pandas, sklearn, and TensorFlow)
- SQL (MySQL and Snowflake)
- AWS Cloud Computing
- GraphQL (Apollo/Typescript)
- Command Line/Shell scripting
If this sounds like a great match for you, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply buy following the instructions to complete the application and submit your resumes.