At Havenly, we believe everyone deserves a beautiful home that they love. Through our proprietary technology and our team of talented designers, we make designing and shopping for your home, fun, easy, and accessible for all.
We’re growing our team and looking for engineers to help us solve big problems, and contribute to the growth and scale of the business. We’ve built unique, innovative software for online design services, client management, and e-commerce. We make decisions based on data. We leverage modern engineering technology and machine learning all with the goal of building the most delightful offering for our clients. This has resulted in an incredibly successful, growing business. We’ve come a long way but believe we’re only scratching the surface of this opportunity.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automation infrastructure to support the Havenly Engineering team. You will work with a cross-functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development and configuration management of the source code. In addition to supporting testing and deployment for new releases, you will also be instrumental in developing and maintaining scalable and stable production environments for the web application, backend microservices, and data ETLs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Setup and maintain a scalable, stable set of build, test and deploy jobs for the Havenly Engineering team.
- Ensure that Havenly provides a consistent, fast, and delightful experience to both internal and external customers.
- Own, extend, and maintain the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools and ensure we have the scalable infrastructure to support our product and development team needs
- Extend the build system for new application initiatives if/when needed.
- Take ownership of core automation tools such as GitLab, GitLab CI, ECS
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data) and maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.) as well as highly automated
- Be part of an engineering organization that exists to efficiently deliver high-quality code to production that powers the business
OUR TECH STACK:
- We are 100% cloud based through AWS, leveraging services such as ECS, RDS, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, and EC2.
- Other technologies in use include NewRelic, Fabio, thumbor, Prometheus, and Grifana
- A strong background in engineering
- Experience with High Availability setups using multiple strategies (master/slave, federation, etc.) in an AWS-backed infrastructure.
- Have built infrastructure to detect problems, monitor health and performance of servers and have used Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Services such as New Relic to assist in these efforts.
- Experience scaling infrastructure that interacts with 3rd party services
- 2+ years experience building and managing a continuous integration environment such as Jenkins, Hudson, GitLabCI, or TravisCI and have complimentary release management experience.
- 5+ years of Linux admin and development experience including experience with shell scripting, networking, storage and release management
- Experience working with Ansible, Docker and GitLab
- Experience with PHP, nodejs, and Serverless Frameworks a plus
- Strong experience tuning performance on relational databases like MySQL
- Relentlessly High Standards. You take pride in developing elegant, scalable, robust, and maintainable systems.
It’s challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skill set. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you. Please complete your application online