Copywriter Job Description
At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, we make decorating and shopping for your home fun, convenient and affordable.
Our Growth team is, well, growing :) We’re actively seeking an experienced Copywriter to join our team and help bring our brand voice to life. Who are you? An avid brand marketing, content marketing and product marketing writer. You have a holistic understanding of how voice and tone are essential to communications and brand perception overall. You have an acute knack for copy, are a meticulous editor, and yet speedy writer—from editorial writing, to email copywriting, to display and social ads, to in-product communications, you are a jack-of-all-trades with a pen, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty on just about any word-focused project!
What you’ll be doing in this role:
- Write and edit copy across many formats of ads, emails, landing pages, web, event communications, and product pages
- Be creative and have the ability to develop copy content on a daily basis and learn from performance across paid and organic channels
- Write copy focus on specific customer persona groups
- Be strategic with copy developed for all point of the funnel: acquisition, conversion, retention, and everything in-between
- Write SEO keyword and evergreen focused articles for the blog on a weekly basis
- Ensure there is a cohesive voice, tone, and message across all customer touchpoints
- With stakeholders, help develop and execute a style guide to foster a consistent writing style in all external communications
- Swift and effective writing and ability to produce on deadline
- Create, proofread, and self-edits copy that clearly communicates growth marketing messages
- Manage writers for larger scale content initiatives including playing role of editor
In your application, we’re looking for these things:
Work Experience - Proven success per the above list. You’ve had some work experience doing most or all of what you’ll be doing in this role, preferably, in a B2C company. You’ve got a passion for storytelling, know how to connect with consumers, and bring a brand voice to life through writing.
Startup Experience - You have experience moving VERY quickly, iterating on the fly, testing religiously, and working really hard. You can operate out of ambiguity, create your own guardrails and constantly push against them. You have passion, you’re driven, take a ton of pride in the work you do and hold yourself to the highest standard of accountability.
Why you’ll love working at Havenly:
It’s hard - You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skill set. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to make an impact on one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.
If this sounds exciting, and you’re interested in joining us, we’d love to hear from you!
Please include a cover letter that lets us know why this (specific) opportunity is exciting for you, as well as a work sample and resume.